• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Maddie having dental and abscess removed (again) - vibes please!

Mad Bunster

Mama Doe
Well we've had approx 6 months of being abscess free, and although I knew deep down that we'd not ever get rid of them, I was hoping! Mads hasn't been herself recently and we wondered if it was heading towards dental problems (having never ever had any spurs). Before I could get her teeth checked I noticed a nasty growth on her jaw again, so we were off to the vets last night. Shes got some small spurs on the molars where the abscess is.

Vets have just called and the infection is coming from where her incisor roots were (again), but her back teeth weren't too bad spurs wise. They asked what I wanted to do cos its going to need aggressive antibiotics i.e the abx we used last time gave her an awful skin burn and her fur fell out and she got stasis off ingesting too much fur........

They're going to clean it up and stitch her up and we'll take it from there. So I have to decide about the antibiotics now. I know we're not going to cure her, but what can we do?

Thought I'd be better off at work today to take my mind off things, but I'm not busy enough for that. Might have to leave at lunchtime at this rate....

Poor Maddie :cry:

What abx was she on last time ?

I am thinking that maybe giving her Depocillin Injections every 2-3 days alongside oral Metronidazole daily :?

Sending lots of vibes for her xx

Poor Maddie :cry:

What abx was she on last time ?

I am thinking that maybe giving her Depocillin Injections every 2-3 days alongside oral Metronidazole daily :?

Sending lots of vibes for her xx

She was on Dupaphen every 2 days last time. I'll ask about the depocillin though, as they have to order the Dupaphen in anyway. What is the Metronidazole for??

Just had another call from them - they can't tube her to get her under GA, so she'll have to go back next week to try again. :(

Back