• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Books

bobbedazzler

Warren Scout
:wave:

Can anyone recommend any good bunny books on care or behaviour etc??

I've been looking at 'Why Does My Rabbit .........?' on Amazon but wondered if anyone had any other recommendations?? Or any opinions on that book??

Cheers
:D

Why does my rabbit? is a very good book by Dr McBride. Easy to read and is a helpful guide to the most common bunny behaviours.

I recommend the House Rabbit Handbook - How to live with an Urban Rabbit by Marinell Harriman - great reference book for everything/care/behaviour/plants/health etc. but it is HRS and refers to a lot of US stuff that may not always apply here, but very good indeed.

Diet books such as Green foods for rabbits and Cavies, and Virgina Richardson's Rabbit Nutrition are great for plants and common diet questions.

And if you want a nice story and a good cry :oops: the book Gentle Hearts Valiant Spirits is a lovely collection of HRS rescue stories. :)

ETA Would also recommend Dr McBride's earlier book on rabbits and hares, and the Private Life of the Rabbit by RM Lockley.:wave:

Rabbits for dummies is great....easy to find things and not to 'wordy'
Wasn't a fan of rabbitlopedia but I like 'why does my rabbit' :wave:

I found Living with a Houserabbit to give lots of good general advice.
Rabbitlopaedia I find useful if I am worried about their health but it also has a lot of other very useful sections.

I loved the Gentle Hearts Valiant Spirits book too! Its the loveliest book ever (but sad too). Just shows how amazing rabbits are! :love:

Back