• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fay Housebunny - 1st time in Garden

helgalush

Wise Old Thumper
Today we put Fay outside for the first time ever - we've only had her 6 months and she has been a housebunny, it seems like it has taken forever to be sure the weather is warm enough!

She loved it (Twinkle and Star werent too sure about her being there though! They kept stamping their feets!).

8dd58d98.jpg

3f2e1d53.jpg

a5693d63.jpg

27708e92.jpg

7e8ab794.jpg

And here is Star watching disapprovingly:

ca1d8774.jpg

What a wee sweetheart she is.

Looks like she is a bit more adventurous than my Herbie, he wouldnt come out of his carrier when i let him out in the Garden!

What a wee sweetheart she is.

Looks like she is a bit more adventurous than my Herbie, he wouldnt come out of his carrier when i let him out in the Garden!

Aww bless. I have to say both she and Starby were quite hesitant to come out - I think I thought they would be desperate to have grass!!!

Yeah she loved the grass and the plan is to do this regularly now for the whole summer!! So hopefully they will get more used to it (and without me shoving a camera in their faces!!! :oops:)

:love: fay is lovely :love:

Where did you get your run from with the little door in the end?? just what im looking for!!!!!

Just look at this gorgeous little girl:love::love::love::love:, I was so lucky to meet her this afternoon and she is just sooooooo pretty

Looks like she had fun in the garden

Thank you everyone for your lovely comments :wave: :D

Kath the wooden run we got off of Ebay, I think its 8x4 and the roof comes up too in two parts so its easy to get in to the rabbits. :D

Its strange but we do just expect that they're going to love grass as soon as they see it. We forget that some will be a bit scared of it a first. That said it doesn't take long for them to love it :lol: Pretty little girl and lovely name really suits her.

She's a very pretty bunny :love: I've been giving our house bun Inca some grass in a bowl for about the last 6 weeks. Each morning I go out with the scissors and snip away (the neighbours must think I'm trying to save electricity by not using the lawn mower). She generally tucks in staight after breakfast. Sometimes she has another bowl full after her dinner too :shock: We've not taken her outside yet but she often stands at the back door whilst it's wide open and just gazes out ...

Helgalush - where did you get your run from or was it made by you? It looks a good strong one and I like the door at the end :).

She's a very pretty bunny :love: I've been giving our house bun Inca some grass in a bowl for about the last 6 weeks. Each morning I go out with the scissors and snip away (the neighbours must think I'm trying to save electricity by not using the lawn mower). She generally tucks in staight after breakfast. Sometimes she has another bowl full after her dinner too :shock: We've not taken her outside yet but she often stands at the back door whilst it's wide open and just gazes out ...

Helgalush - where did you get your run from or was it made by you? It looks a good strong one and I like the door at the end :).

She looks out and doesn't run off? Very well trained :lol: aw take her out its soo cute to watch the transition from fear to utter joy and binkies I love it when my new rabbits first hit the grass bless their little hearts :love:

I know it's quite strange but then she is "Lady Inca" and perhaps "one doesnt feel that the outside will suit one" Seriously though I have been outside for 2-3 hours with the back door wide open and she just hops up, has a look and then retires to the sitting room :lol: You can almost see her saying "oh no I don't think so! What, go out there with all the riff raff?!" The garden is bun proof though so worst case we'd just have fun finding her :shock:

I need to get the small metal enclosure back from my MIL so that she can sit on the lawn in it & enjoy the sunshine. I'd be happy for her to free range but our foster buns are in the back garden in hutches/runs & I don't really want her interacting with them too much as it might stress everyone out!!

Back