• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

poo question

Georgeypudding

Wise Old Thumper
do some rabbits naturally have darker/harder poos?
sebastians are lovely and golden and huuuuge!
where as maes are dark with flecks of gold in them, but they are alos quite hard and range in size from pretty good to small :?
shes eatting hay (maybe not as much as sebastian, shes a dental bunny if that helps?) i think she might be eating more pellets than him and ive seen her eat the veggies :)
she isnt in pain and is acting very bunnyfull :p im just confussed :?

do some rabbits naturally have darker/harder poos?
sebastians are lovely and golden and huuuuge!
where as maes are dark with flecks of gold in them, but they are alos quite hard and range in size from pretty good to small :?
shes eatting hay (maybe not as much as sebastian, shes a dental bunny if that helps?) i think she might be eating more pellets than him and ive seen her eat the veggies :)
she isnt in pain and is acting very bunnyfull :p im just confussed :?

Hooray!!! More poo talk!!!! Well I had the same question a while ago and here's what a wise old thumper told me........ ahem........ ready?? Here goes, I'll try to explain as simply as I can...... ahem

She said..."Different rabbits have different poos." Profound.

:lol: I was drawn in by the poo in the title. I would guess Mae's poos arent as golden because she doesnt eat as much hay, are they golden inside when you crumble them? (go on you know you want to :lol:)

My boys are having more grass at the moment....

bunniesmay19th2010inaviary030.jpg

.....darker poopies! ;)

Alvin has never given me amazing golden poops :( both Pearl and Holly have and they have always had the same diet

Sara - thats what hers look like! but i think they are a little more golden inside atm but shes moulting aswell so it was fluffy ;)
hurricanehoney - she has been on the grass lately (not today as someone was leaving special poo and i wanted to rule out the grass causing problems )

Bensonlola- very profound :lol:

i guess we'll have to wait and see what happens with this lack of grass :) thanks everyone :D

Alvin has never given me amazing golden poops :( both Pearl and Holly have and they have always had the same diet

Do you think if us rabbit lovers followed to the end of the rainbow, there would be a big old bucket of golden coloured rabbit poo?? :shock:

sorry for hyjacking your thread :oops: but i have a poo question.
can the poos become too big? one of my buns is doing huge poo's! :?

sorry for hyjacking your thread :oops: but i have a poo question.
can the poos become too big? one of my buns is doing huge poo's! :?

like ouch big :shock::shock: yeah holly gets them, i dunno how they come out owwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Princess's have been that colour, and are always that colour when I wake up, then after pellets they go dark, then lighten up during the day, then depends on what she has for tea, tonight she had grass so it's darker again.

Princess's have been that colour, and are always that colour when I wake up, then after pellets they go dark, then lighten up during the day, then depends on what she has for tea, tonight she had grass so it's darker again.

:lol: maybe they are like a mood ring? :lol: Harvey had a huge oblong poop today looked painful. he had to lie down for a while afterwards.

Back