• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bunny leads

I have tried the harnesses before I joined here but I never felt they were safe in them. Both of the times I tried it they have managed to back out of the harness somehow.

do you mean a rabbit harness with a lead attached?

Some rabbits like them, others dont. Obviously if the rabbits dosent like them, dont make him wear one, if you did then yes it would be cruel.

harness problems

They're REALLY difficult to get on. The sort that clip are best - buckling 3 buckles a time on a wriggly rabbit is impossible. They need to be fairly tight or they can catch a limb trying to get out - with the clip sort you only have to do the size adjusting once.

Our first rabbit was fine with hers - my OH was on crutches for several months and they did twice daily walks round our then very big garden (not remotely rabbit safe for free-ranging), and she looked forward to those walks big time.

Once we moved here, and she had a husbun, plus a safe walled garden for free-ranging, the harness was abandoned (he chewed it off for her several times and we gave up).

Good luck if you decide to try.

Back