• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I don't know what to do about P&P's new housing

sacol4940

Warren Veteran
They're being moved outside as soon as it warms up and as soon as the garden is ready, but I dont know what to buy them to live in :?

I firstly wanted a hutch in an aviary, then decided on a shed with aviary attached, but now I have no idea what to get!! It shouldnt be this difficult, but im terrified of making the wrong choice :( I just want to make sure that my babies are happy

Ive got a space in the garden which is 16ft by 10ft and a budget of about £500

Help me RU!!! :wave:

I would say buy a new big hutch that is going to be secure and provide good shelter and will last well. At least 6ft x 2ft x 2ft of course. Then attach a big secure run onto the back of the hutch and make a hole in the back of the hutch. Having the run behind the hutch make it easy to clean out the hutch without needing to move the run. Using aviary panels for the run is the easiest option, getting panels that are 6ft x 3ft you can built any kind of run in multiples of 3ft. Make it 3ft high so they can stand up easily and so that you can crawl in there if need be. Make sure your run is secure on the top and on the bottom, lay turf on top of mesh to keep the bottom secure if you need to.

Just to add another choice into the mix. What about one of the dog kennels. Some people have got them on here and they look great.

Personally, I'd aviary the whole area. Then have a box/hutch for shelter. You don't need a shed inside the aviary, it's a waste of all that height as far as the bunnies as concerned. You could go for a 4' square 'box' with a hinged lid they could climb on and make a nice warren inside. You could roof part of the aviary for a bit of extra shelter. That way you are in effect creating a 100% secure garden for them. You could lawn part, have plants etc.

I thought about a dog kennel, but then i think that a shed with aviary would give more space, but then I think that a kennel or hutch/run would be more secure

Oh I dont know!!! Aarrrrggggghhhhh!!! :lol:

Back