• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Holly U/D back from vets

donnamt

Wise Old Thumper
i know im paranoid BUT, where her dewlap area is there seems to be a lump. ive tried to check it myself and it feels like matted fur, she didnt react to me touching the area, well no worse than the scratches and fighting she did to get away, hope i havent broken her.

i just wont sleep if the vet dont have a look but shes in theatre tomorrow so i cant get an appointment :(

i think im determined to see the vet with the poor soul aint i :oops::oops:

Last edited:
wish i was more experienced but i cant hold her and check myself without it ending in disaster and a very stressed bunny. i hate living single :(

I always take Alfie to the vet's the minute I'm worried about something.

Last night I saw my vet he said 'So what's wrong with him this time' :oops: luckly it was in a jokey voice.

Nothing wrong with being concerned about your furries :D

If you are worried it's always best to check you would feel awful if you had missed something. Hope you get on ok.

wish i was more experienced but i cant hold her and check myself without it ending in disaster and a very stressed bunny. i hate living single :(

I know what you mean. Smokey is quite placid and easy to hold and administer stuff to but Inky is a proper fighter. I can't hold him and do stuff, so I have to get my mum to help.

Lots of vibes,

FC x

If it stops you panicking for even a moment then I agree its definitely worth getting her checked over, here's hoping for a bunny chest dreadlock xxx

lol the shame if it is just a dready :oops::oops:

i want the vet to check her over anyhows, make sure shes in good working order so i cant stop the bloody panicing :lol::lol:

prob see about the VHD jab while im there if it doesnt clash with panacur ofcourse

Oh bless her - hope everything is ok :) Trust me there is nothing wrong with being a concerned bunny owner ;) Better that way than not concerned like some owners :(

You won't stop panicking Donna, you will about her chesticle lump but you'll find somethin else, but thats what makes you a good mummy :D We all panic just as much but we just can't type as fast as you :p

I went to pieces the other night thinking Pud had something on her neck the other night til i realised she'd not long had her myxi so it was probs a scab of her injection :oops::oops: I also panic every time I pick Pye up for his meds that I've squeezed him to hard or that I've forced too much mneds in his mouth and he'll choke!

Its normal to worry about them but please remember to take breath and at least spare 5 mins for a glass wine and some chocolate :D

:oops::oops::oops::oops: i think it may actually be just matted hair... ive just seen her lean her whole head into the water bowl and if her chest is getting a little wet then the hair will matt wont it :oops::oops:

keeping the appointment tho, to be sure :D

just wondering, could the not eating special poops. drinking loads and a lump appearing on the one side of her dewlap/neck area be connected?

ive had sod all sleep again and im convinced by not going to the vets last week i have signed her death sentence :(

i know i promised Lou and BB mommy to stop the stressing over what appears to be a perfectly healthy bunny but im scared, im scared ive bought home another terminal bunny and if shes got an abscess how will i cope if im too scared to even handle my pets :cry::cry:

really wish i could of got an appointment today. it still looks like matted fur and i saw her tugging at it this morning, just hope i havent ignored something that could be very serious :?

if she is a ternimal bunny im afraid Alvin will remain single after, i cant keep killing my bunnies :(

roll on 9.10am tomorrow and at least ill know if im an idiot or shes poorly for real

Aww I really hope it's nothing.

I'm the same with princess, and my girls too :lol:

This is why I love my vets, I can pop down for a free nurse check up whenever I want to, or ring them up, which I'm always doing :lol:

Donna,

You are NOT killing your bunnies. Don't be daft! You take such loving care over them.

They could all be connected, they could all just be from the stress of a new environment and a new husbun. Please don't worry!

Donna,

You are NOT killing your bunnies. Don't be daft! You take such loving care over them.

They could all be connected, they could all just be from the stress of a new environment and a new husbun. Please don't worry!

i cant help it. i should of went the vets last week when she looked like she had a slight dewlap but was just drinking loads, now it looks like a proper lump but i cant hold her still and check, her ears and legs get in the way and even if i could do it without looking like freddie cruger has been at my chest ( i didnt put on a jumper before i grabbed her) i dont know what im looking for :oops::oops:

shes not showing signs of being ill... i just dont get it at all :? :? and i cant cope with my constant worry and how long before Ste starts to resent the fact we are skint yet im happily getting into debt for the buns :cry::cry::cry:

Donna your not killing your buns! The lump your feeling could be a fat lump, if she's not eating her special poos her dewlap could be getting in her way, hence why it's going into the water bowl. Ron has quite a few fat lumps they are solid but not attached to anything and have been there for years, i've had them checked by the vets and they are just lumps of fat, i could have them removed but Ron is 9 and non of them get in his way. You can have very large dewlaps removed, i think tracey (rngpwelfare) had a bun with a dewlap removed, it may not have been tracey though ican't quite remember.

Donna your not killing your buns! The lump your feeling could be a fat lump, if she's not eating her special poos her dewlap could be getting in her way, hence why it's going into the water bowl. Ron has quite a few fat lumps they are solid but not attached to anything and have been there for years, i've had them checked by the vets and they are just lumps of fat, i could have them removed but Ron is 9 and non of them get in his way. You can have very large dewlaps removed, i think tracey (rngpwelfare) had a bun with a dewlap removed, it may not have been tracey though ican't quite remember.

i couldnt feel it though, i can see it and when i tried to feel it all i could feel was fur :oops::oops:

Back