• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Blood in wee?!

Oompa-Loompa

Warren Veteran
This might sound a bit strange but can anyone explain to me what it would actually look like? Would it be all red or would it have a real dark sort of orangey colour? :?
Bella's wee is reeeally dark orange today and I'm panicking about it because she's 1 year old and unspayed (haven't been able to afford getting her done until now,I want to wait until I've finished school so I can be home and look after her). Am I just being paranoid as usual?

Sometimes my girlie has dark red/orangey wee and I have been told thats normal, if its chalky thats when there is a calcium prob I think:)

True haematuria (blood in wee) will be a proper red.

Pigments in plants can colour bunny wee anything from pale yellow - to dark orange/reddish brown.

Diet can have a huge impact on wee colour. Did she have anything new yesterday? Or anything in larger amounts than normal?

I have been told (but never seen) that blood looks like actual clots in the urine (unless obviously it is copious amounts). I don't know how reliable that is though and someone who has actually seen it should be able to clarify better.

Diet can have a huge impact on wee colour. Did she have anything new yesterday? Or anything in larger amounts than normal?

I have been told (but never seen) that blood looks like actual clots in the urine (unless obviously it is copious amounts). I don't know how reliable that is though and someone who has actually seen it should be able to clarify better.

This is true! I have not seen it either :oops: I would assume it would be more pink/red and possibly fresh blood, as opposed to dark red/brown from pigmentation.

Blood in wee is often seen in clots or patches within the wee. It very rarely stains the whole wee. If in doubt blot it with a bit of kitchen roll, it will be very apparent if it is blood :wave:

I thought Bramble had blood in his wee the other week, but it was because he'd eaten some Beetroot treats!

Back