• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Look at this dutch go

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry im not a fan of rabbit jumping * like teaching a shark to swim * nor am i a fan of harnesses :( i've seen my buns jump over my bed, sofa, stair gates :roll: etc without the need to train,

your piccies of bracken jumping made me smile more
not dig at you :) just not a fan of the above

sorry im not a fan of rabbit jumping * like teaching a shark to swim * nor am i a fan of harnesses :( i've seen my buns jump over my bed, sofa, stair gates :roll: etc without the need to train,

I'm afraid I'm feel the same way a bit after viewing the video above that one where the poor bun did not want to jump and was pulling on the lead. It looked awful.

I mean if the rabbit wants to jump then fine but it didn't and ...urgh.

Ditto same here, had that bunny been free running great.

I'm afraid I'm feel the same way a bit after viewing the video above that one where the poor bun did not want to jump and was pulling on the lead. It looked awful.

I mean if the rabbit wants to jump then fine but it didn't and ...urgh.

Snap. Bunny is obviously not happy. I've seen some rabbit jumping videos where the bun seems so happy to be doing what they're doing, and the harness is a precaution, but I'm sure there are plenty of scenes like the one above where the poor bun is forced into it. :(

I just wonder if any owners who do jumping with their rabbits have given any thought to the long term consequences of wear and tear on their bun's joints after such large amounts of high jumping activity repeated regularly throughout bun's life? I dread to think of the level of Osteoarthritis these buns may end up with earlier than they should have. :(

Snap. Bunny is obviously not happy. I've seen some rabbit jumping videos where the bun seems so happy to be doing what they're doing, and the harness is a precaution, but I'm sure there are plenty of scenes like the one above where the poor bun is forced into it. :(

how does it not look happy? :?
if it wasnt happy.... it wouldnt jump... surely?

I just wonder if any owners who do jumping with their rabbits have given any thought to the long term consequences of wear and tear on their bun's joints after such large amounts of high jumping activity repeated regularly throughout bun's life? I dread to think of the level of Osteoarthritis these buns may end up with earlier than they should have. :(

I have never heard of jumpers having more trouble with thier joints. I wouldnt jump high with the larger rabbits tho. But also you could think of it as the same as them doing lots of binky's.
Its a good way for them to exercise.

I have never heard of jumpers having more trouble with thier joints. I wouldnt jump high with the larger rabbits tho. But also you could think of it as the same as them doing lots of binky's.

Buns binkying tend not to jump so high and they don't tend to do it so often repeated over and over as a bun jumping would. Sorry but IMO they are not the same thing. Incidentally, rabbits do hide pain as we all know and joint degeneration would not necessarily be evident in bunny's posture - that doesn't mean it isn't occuring. Maybe i'm just a little sensitive about OA in rabbits having a 4yr old dutch with quite progressive arthritis and no visible symptoms! I just feel it is our duty as owners to not wear out their joints too quickly.

how does it not look happy? :?
if it wasnt happy.... it wouldnt jump... surely?

your right i have 2 jumping rabbits adidasis the better of the 2 ben just starting out however this weekend adidas siad nope im doing it that was that we didnt bother you can not force them to do it

vee-jay it doesnt matter what we say hun they will never be happy i agree with you its great way to exercise the rabbits if they enjoy it
i know same as you if a rabbit doesnt want to jump it wont ;)

Buns binkying tend not to jump so high and they don't tend to do it so often repeated over and over as a bun jumping would. Sorry but IMO they are not the same thing. Incidentally, rabbits do hide pain as we all know and joint degeneration would not necessarily be evident in bunny's posture - that doesn't mean it isn't occuring. Maybe i'm just a little sensitive about OA in rabbits having a 4yr old dutch with quite progressive arthritis and no visible symptoms! I just feel it is our duty as owners to not wear out their joints too quickly.

ok is there anything us rabbit lovers can do that people on this forum will ever agree with other than aww my rabbit sat in the garden today , or aww its played with a toy
there are times i just want to shout at the lot of you as i see far too often send vibes for my bunny it has teeth problems or its ill, i have have a rescue with major health problems,oh dear i have pet shop bunny and its had a litter what do i do yes you all love your rabbits yet when something good is happening you all have to frown on it
we show rabbits you all hate it
we breed rabbits again people hate us for it yet us people who do show and breed rabbits have you noticed that good breeders dont tend to have the problems you get with back yard breeders or rescues we dont get teeth problems, health problems joint problems that are 9 times out 10 inherreted conditions yet its never good enough for you :roll:
and now show jumping rabbits as been frowned upon :roll:
i would love it one day to see on this forum people hey thats great idea or yes i agree with that
show jumping is a great idea its good exercise gets the rabbit out of its hutch and run and in some cases out the house its great fun and a fantastic way to get adults and children to interact with their rabbit and yes the rabbits do enjoy it so why do you have a problem with it ?
oh its different and it is in all countrys that do it big style associated with rabbit showing so in the eyes of many not all but many people on this forum i guess it has to be a bad thing :evil:

Last edited:
I do NOT have a problem with it in theory. I have a problem with the video where the poor rabbit is being swung round on a lead.

There are only a couple of posts on here disagreeing with it totally. Please don't group everyone into one big opinion.

*feels stupid now for bringing up the other video*

Yes that video showed the bun not co-operating, but if you look at all the others Flops is jumping at his own free will.

I also found this on wikipedia 'Exercise, including running in the absence of injury, has not been found to increase one's risk of developing osteoarthritis'

'Measures such as weight loss, exercise, and the use of mechanical support devices can be beneficial. Moderate exercise leads to improved functioning and decreased pain in people with osteoarthritis of the knee. Functional, gait, and balance training has been recommended to address impairments of proprioception, balance, and strength in individuals with lower extremity arthritis as these can contribute to higher falls in older individuals. Splinting of the thumb for OA of the base of the thumb leads to improvements after one year.'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back