• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

French lop wieght?????????????

Collielover

Mama Doe
What wieght should a french lop be ??

I am at the moment fostering one who I think is over weight she is 5 kg

I have 4 of my own what are all different wieghts so I am not sure

4.5g+

Teddy's about 7kg, Ruby's 5kg (and still growing) and Pixie is 5.5kg (But is very boney...trying to get some more weight on her!)

thanks I thought she was large too think my two boys are only 4.5 but they are small next to her and the other 2 so I was comparing them too my first 2 but now I relise those 2 are small apared to other french lops

6.3kg is a normal size for a Frenchie. I'd say anything under 5kg a small Frenchie, 5-6kg is medium and 6.5kg+ is a large Frenchie.

Don't worry about her!

Ruby's twin brother is already 6.5kg (at 8 months) and Roobs is only 5kg.

My Lolly is 6kg :) She is a frenchie and i thought she was quite small xx

I think they look smaller than Conti's of the same weight because they're so chunky and compact with their weight (whereas conti's spread their weight more).

So long as a Frenchie isn't fat or bony then they'll be a perfect weight! :)

I agree, they vary in size. My frenchie boy is just 4.5kg, and he's 18 months old so probably won't grow much. He's not skinny either, he's just about right.

had a good feel about of milly after posting, LOL :lol:

she doesnt feel boney any where or feel like a fatty,

just when i look at her face her chin and below is really full. shes just turned 1!!

must just be her build up in genes?!?

but again she does eat loads?! gosh im confused. she probs doesnt look fat to someone else!!

STOP WORRYING SARAH!! im going on now....:lol:

Back