• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

I'm losing her U/D...she's gone

RubyTed

Wise Old Thumper
Bluebell's gone downhill. She's in statis. Went to the vet earlier where she was given a gut stimulant etc. (couldn't feel a blockage). She's all gurgly, but nothing's coming in, and she won't take the baby food I'm offering her.....I've tried different flavours. ...tried mushed pellets. I've managed to get a bit of water in her.

She's so limp.:(

I'm taking her back to the vets now, where she'll stay overnight. Poor girl needs fluids in her!

I don't know what to do.

Last edited:
Please don't give up hope. If she's gurgling things are moving inside.
Extra fluids in her circulation will help to pick her up.
Pain relief is paramount.
My vet had a bun referred in stasis for over a week who survived.
Some stasis buns will eat blackberry or hawthorn leaves (NO buds or flowers) when they won't eat anything else. You'll find blackberry bushes even in a town.
Good luck.

I'll pick some blackberry leaves tomorrow for her.

They have her in, so they can give her fluids.

She's had a metacam injection.

I feel so helpless now! I want her home, but I can't get enough fluid in her, and I hope when she's hydrated she'll want some noms!

Thank you so much for the vibes for my poorly girl.

I was going to take up to date pictures of her today! :(

This is the last one I took...it was ages ago :oops:
054.jpg

Hi my bun Daisy went into statis after she was spayed and it went on for about a week she had sub cut fluids and i was feeding her critical care and fibreplex i think, she also had metacam. The only thing she would eat, in small amounts, was curly kale which i soaked in water and grated carrot. I also tried puttin a little bit of ribena in her water and also gave her the option of drinking peppermint tea and nettel and swet fennel (both cooled down obviously) she didnt try any of it but it might help your little one. Just keep tempting her with diff things. Good luck sending good luck vibes to you both. xx

Awww she is lovely, hope she perks up for you, Gizmo had an episode of stassis about a month ago and the vet just gave motility at the morning surgery, after another 3-4 hours I was starting to feel a bit panicky that he should have had fluids and pain relief as he wouldn't eat, she was clear that she just wanted to give him some time with the motility drug initially as she couldn't see any probs ie, obstruction or teeth and they have such delicate digestive systems that sometimes less is more, I actually rang to book him in for the evening surgery but, he perked up and so I rang back to cancel, it was quite a warm day and the vet had suggested putting him outside in a run with all his things (he's an indoor bun) I would say it was about 4 hours after the gut motility. Little tyke scared the life out of me and it was 2 days after Jingles neuter (Mon) dog went in (Tues) for claw clipping and then Gizmo on the Weds, I suggested I might as well move in the vets!:roll: Fingers crossed for the beautiful bluebell that she bounces back alright.x

Back