• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The joys of having rabbits

KTJ

Alpha Buck
(please note the sarcasm in the thread title!!)

Why when something goes right, does something have to go horribly wrong?!

Over the last week and a half, I've been litter training Furby (my 15 week old male who lost his brother 2 weeks ago) and it's been successful. He now wees and poops in his tray and I am very proud of him, he's such a loving bunny who gives kisses when he climbs onto your chest :love:

I've just been up the garden to let the others out in their run, and completely forgot to wash my hands before stroking Flopsy as I had been cuddling Furby, and he's just lunged at me, bitten me and taken a chunk out my finger (which is now wrapped in tissue) and tried to actually attack me. Flopsy is a biter, and will nip if he wants you to move or give him attention, but never has he biten me with such aggression :cry: He's a VERY dominant bun, and does whatever he likes, when he likes. He lives on his own but is going to the RSPCA soon when they've got a single female in to see if he'll bond, but deep down, I really don't think he will, not with anyone.

I just feel that when I've finally got somewhere with one bun, there's something that has upset another bun... I wish they would all just get along! My life and their life would be so much easier if they did!!

I just feel that when I've finally got somewhere with one bun, there's something that has upset another bun... I wish they would all just get along! My life and their life would be so much easier if they did!!

I read this and instantly thought about humans!

Much as you try hon, there is always going to be something else that pops up, that's just the way it goes. You do a great job with the buns and I'm sure you'll continue to do so, no matter what gets chucked in your way, everyone feels down about it sometimes.

Rabbits are tricky little critters but IMO one little sniff or lick is worth the nips. The number of times Vin went for me for some smell I hadn't thought of (not even rabbit) and I wouldn't take any of them back. Clean your finger out well, wrap it up and the next time you talk to him he'll have forgotten about it.

As for him being single, you never know, some buns calm down eventually, and others can be very happy with the right owner. Vinnie was a single bun and a biter but she came such a long way with contact that we were looking at a husbun for her :D Keep your chin up.

Thankyou for your reply :) I do love all my rabbits so much, and I am one of the lucky rabbit owners, as I have 7 and all of them *touch wood* have perfect health and have never needed serious vet treatment, unlike some of the other RU members who practically live at the vets with their buns, so I feel bad for complaining that the most serious problem with my rabbit is that he bites! But when I give him everything he wants and everything he needs, and he STILL is aggressive towards me, I can't help but feel useless. I've had Flops since he was 12 weeks old and there has not been one thing in the past year that I can think of that could cause him to be so nasty. My finger is sore but will be fine, so I've just gone up the garden to see him, and he was up at the bars grunting really loudly trying to get to me, but I was too scared to let him out because when he bit me earlier, it REALLY hurt!! I'll sit with him in his run in a bit like I always do, hopefully he'll be nice....... it's a shame he's not a girl else the most obvious thing to do would be to blame it on PMS!! :lol:

Back