• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Protecting against fly strike.

Hugbut

Mama Doe
Can anyone reccommend a fly strike prevention spray product? I know the best way to prevent it is to keep buns clean, which I do, but Henry likes to sit in his pee/poop so sometimes has a mucky back end, he's has prebiotic that has drastically helped his tum, but hasn't got him out of the habit of being disgusting :lol:
Anyway, I would like to give him some extra protection & some peace of mind for me :)
I've found the two products below but don't know if they're any good - any advice greatly appreciated!

Thank you :wave:

https://www.thehayexperts.co.uk/Hea...rd.522.html?osCsid=9or19om081l0jfbk8trcva0ak3

https://www.thehayexperts.co.uk/Hea...or.513.html?osCsid=9or19om081l0jfbk8trcva0ak3

I use flyguard every now and then, but mine have never had flystrike so can't say whether it works or not :?

The one on the first link gives up to 3 months protection ....... whereas the one on the second link has to be used weekly.

HTH
:D

Oooh that is tres bargainous!

BTW - I just received my first order from Animal Magic today and I'm soooo pleased with it (did a review n everythin'!)

Just wanted to add, during summer I raid the local charity shops for old net curtains. I cut them to size and pin them over the hutch and run mesh. Not letting the flies in in the first place is the most successful thing I've ever tried. ;):wave:

Just wanted to add, during summer I raid the local charity shops for old net curtains. I cut them to size and pin them over the hutch and run mesh. Not letting the flies in in the first place is the most successful thing I've ever tried. ;):wave:

Henry's hutch is covered with fly nets (the ones intended for windows) but I wanted some extra protection for when he's free ranging in the garden :)

Thanks for the replies everyone :wave:

Back