• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you ever wonder why we do it?

Sparkle x

Wise Old Thumper
After loosing Lottie i started thinking why do i own rabbits? Why do i do it? I cant stop asking myself why her? Why so sudden :cry:

I realised since loosing Lottie too, i carried on making up eight bowls of food, it wasnt till this morning when my mum said why eight bowls? I just burst into tears :cry: :cry:

I think this every time I lose one. I lost Ruby this morning, she was only 3.

I think it's worse when you lose one suddenly because you start wondering if it's something you did, whereas if they go downhill slowly you can at least say that they were ill and you did all you could for them.

Ruby was the sixth rabbit I've lost. Every single one I thought "why do I keep doing it?" after, and then I cuddle the ones I have left and I remember why.

I think this every time I lose one. I lost Ruby this morning, she was only 3.

I think it's worse when you lose one suddenly because you start wondering if it's something you did, whereas if they go downhill slowly you can at least say that they were ill and you did all you could for them.

Ruby was the sixth rabbit I've lost. Every single one I thought "why do I keep doing it?" after, and then I cuddle the ones I have left and I remember why.

big hugs to you. so sorry you lost her.

Lottie is also my sixth rabbit to have lost and i noticed they have all been female :?

i know what you mean, i keep going because i have to for them, but its just so sad :(

big hugs to you. so sorry you lost her.

Lottie is also my sixth rabbit to have lost and i noticed they have all been female :?

i know what you mean, i keep going because i have to for them, but its just so sad :(

Losing them never gets easier, but at least I can draw comfort from the fact that they were happy and well fed and loved in what little time I did have with them. We keep doing it because by doing it we are making lives better for these bunnies.

I know how you feel, when I lost Tilly I felt exactly the same and now my Mimi is extremely poorly Im questioning it again :cry:
But then I look into Mimis eyes still full of spark and fight despite everything shes going through, or remember one of my countless blissful and hilarious memories of Tilly, or watch Timmy bound around the house in delight and I think THATS WHY I DO IT! They're worth every tear shed, every painful memory :love:
Im so sorry you're feeling so down at the moment. Losing a beloved is horrific but it sounds like she was very loved and cared for so try and remember the happy times. ((((Big hugs)))))

It never does get easier, ending up with a solo bunny is also very difficult, i hate to see him alone, he seems content and okay but they love company.

I miss Lottie so much :cry:

We do it because while we have them. be it for a long or short time, we try our best to make their lives as good as possible.
You took on Lottie and Albie when no one else would..you loved them and gave them a great home
Lottie may have died younger than we hoped but I'm sure if she was able to think as we do, she would be grateful for the love you gave her
Re Albie..yes I'm sure he would be better with another friend..but only if you are happy to take on an extra bun
Re bonding him with your others..could work but have to be prepared for it not to..and can sometimes break the existing bond between the other pair..if one of your pairs has a laid back male would be the best option
xxx

We do it because while we have them. be it for a long or short time, we try our best to make their lives as good as possible.
You took on Lottie and Albie when no one else would..you loved them and gave them a great home
Lottie may have died younger than we hoped but I'm sure if she was able to think as we do, she would be grateful for the love you gave her
Re Albie..yes I'm sure he would be better with another friend..but only if you are happy to take on an extra bun
Re bonding him with your others..could work but have to be prepared for it not to..and can sometimes break the existing bond between the other pair..if one of your pairs has a laid back male would be the best option
xxx

I know, thanks Jill.
I would of loved to bond him with the others, but Bo is so aggressive and Ben and Ruby still argue from time to time. Oscar is laid back but Preston isnt? I dont know how Albie would react to them either. I think Albie needs a laid back female? Just wondering though if because he is a dental and snuffle bun, would people allow me to adopt to bond with him? :?

that's the problem you won't know until they are together..there are several different types of snuffles so if a doe comes in with a different strain they could pass each others on:?
Some buns never contract snuffles even if they live with a snuffly partner..maybe take on an older hard to home doe?

that's the problem you won't know until they are together..there are several different types of snuffles so if a doe comes in with a different strain they could pass each others on:?
Some buns never contract snuffles even if they live with a snuffly partner..maybe take on an older hard to home doe?

thats exactly what my Vet said, but she said dont let the worry of the Snuffles put you off. Lottie never contracted Albies snuffles.

I really dont mind what i take on, so long as she bonds with Albie.

Last edited:
It was a permanent thought in mind when I lost my beutifle Piper, but then I realized I had Phoebe,Holli,and Fletcher (and later Gemma ,Ella & Ava) who wouldnt have a lovley bunny home where theyre spoilt with love,affection and the space to the "propper" bunnys if i DIDNT do it :)

i desperately didnt want another bunny after losing Pearl but didnt want to give up Alvin even more :(

*sighs* stuck in the rabbit keeping circle forever and daily i wish i could cope better with illness, even when its not there i constantly think it is :(

Back