• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

More Stress and Worry

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
We have been left with no choice but to book Wesley in for a castration :(

He has become increasingly frisky over the weekend and is now pulling fur when humping the boys. There is no way we could seperate him and let him live a life alone, he would be so unhappy.

The vet advised us against any GA's for him but I don't know what alternative we have :(:(

He is booked in for tomorrow and will be having x-rays taken at the same time if all goes well.

I don't think I could honestly handle it if anything went wrong :cry::cry:

Can't find any information on it on a quick search, but is chemical/hormonal castration possible in bucks?

Can't find any information on it on a quick search, but is chemical/hormonal castration possible in bucks?

It has been mentioned on here before by Marie and I know ebony eyes have looked into it. There is an opinion that it can affect neurological problems badly and I am not sure how affective it is long term.

If wesley does have kidney problems like his sister then pumping him full of chemicals probably wouldn't be any better than a short GA :?

He's OK :):) You have no idea how relieved I am. He even managed to have his x-rays taken :)

Wesley will be back home tonight with his boys :love:

Back