• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

2 x 4ft double hutches need a new home

karen1980

Mama Doe
Hi,

I have 2 4ft double hutches needing a new home.

I volunteered for a rescue but dont anymore since they re-org'd and centralised and they don’t want the hutches back.

I cannot keep them as will end up filling them with bunnies :lol: and already have a trio and indoor bun!

Is there any rescue out there that wants them?

One hutch needs a new ramp but ive used bricks as a stepping stone between the levels

The other hutch the bottom floor needs repairing since one of my bunnies took to eating it!

If anyone would like them please PM me as I need to get rid of them

Ive thought of advertising on frteeecylce or gumtree but I don’t want someone to think hey lets get a pet shop bunny since the house is free...

would they be suitable for fostering? I want to foster but dont have a spare outdoor set up. They would only be short-term and emergency fostering, but would 4ft hutches be too small for that?

I bought a 4 x 2 x 2 from Pets@Home as an emergency one for a "foster" bun who is still with us (going to try to bond her with our two today when hubby gets in :shock:).

As she was in a 3' x 18" x 18" and could not stand up it has been ideal. She also has a run at the front and gets free range time.

I guess if you were using only the hutch it would be on the small side but may be better than where some bunnies come from.

Back