• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Another appalling hutch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarah

Mama Doe
Who buys these horrible hutches? :evil:

[admin edit - link removed]

Last edited by a moderator:
"It is approx 2 ft 7 in high (78 cm); by 3 ft deep (92 cm) and overall width of 4 ft (122 cm).

It was made to meet the RSPCA specifications for 2 rabbits - hence the size !!

Designed to ensure your Rabbit has all of the space needed for a happy life, your Rabbit should be able to stretch out fully and turn easily within the space provided."

They're joking right?! :shock:

It looks like an old fridge.

:shock: Ive seen that one before they must have reposted it to try and sell it again. its hideous, evil and it just makes me feel sick! I know, what RSPCA standards?? they are saying that as if it is a massive hutch!

I bet hey've made up the bit about RSPCA specs in an atempt to sell it. Their own rabbits probably came from freecycle or something.

isnt the RSPCA thing just 12squared feet?...so 4ftX3ft would be ok?
sorry if im wrong, just confusing me lol:lol:

possibly old RSPCA standards? pretty sad that someone could see it and think they're doing well by their bunny because they've written that...

isnt the RSPCA thing just 12squared feet?...so 4ftX3ft would be ok?
sorry if im wrong, just confusing me lol:lol:

I was told by my local branch that the size is more whether the rabbit can stand upright and take a couple of hops down the length of it than the actual size but as a general recommendation they say 6ft by 3ft.

Oh my god, I almost vomited when I saw it..... I wouldnt let Minka PEE on that hutch, how VILE. Looks sooooo dark inside, just like a prison.... binky free any buns that were trapped in there :cry::cry:

Actually, when I got Cloud from the RSPCA, I asked what the hutch size guidelines were (I already knew, I just wanted to double check) and none of them knew. :shock:

I guess a 4X3 hutch has the same floor space as a 6X2 but I don't think it's RSPCA approved unless it has an attached run is it?!

Please do not link to ebay sales just to criticize them.

Especially when you haven't worked out that 4x3 adds up to the same as 6x2.

If you don't like something then don't buy it but please don't link to it just to get everyone to join in attacking the seller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back