• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone in Sunderland?

Nicola1

Wise Old Thumper
If you are have you been in P@H recently (in the past 2-3 months)? I complained about their bunny section and they promised they would get it sorted for me but I'm hardly ever in Sunderland so I haven't had a chance to check it out!

Been to the one in Cramlington today.Absolutely packed and lots of interest in the rabbits.Actually was telling people that there are thousand in rescues that are looking for homes.Some people thought i was a weirdo but my 11 year old son was backing me up.

Been to the one in Cramlington today.Absolutely packed and lots of interest in the rabbits.Actually was telling people that there are thousand in rescues that are looking for homes.Some people thought i was a weirdo but my 11 year old son was backing me up.

aww bless him :) they have TINY baby buns in the gateshead P@H. Whats the Cramlington one like? Im normally quite impressed with the gateshead one

The bunny enclosure was filthy, I got my first 2 rabbits from P@h :( not knowing what I know now, and one was from the Sunderland branch. He was covered in wee and the guy told me they were his markings :shock: just a bit clueless in there really.

What is it like in there now? is it clean?

It's clean but pretty small to be honest. THey are friendly enough to talk to, but the one in Washington is better with rabbit advice. They had some tiny babies in the other week but the went quickly. They mostly have older rabbits for sale, no giants!

It's clean but pretty small to be honest. THey are friendly enough to talk to, but the one in Washington is better with rabbit advice. They had some tiny babies in the other week but the went quickly. They mostly have older rabbits for sale, no giants!

The Gateshead one had two giants in for ages, now they only have 1 :( bet they had bonded which is quite sad. Dont really understand why they sell giants in there as they dont have suitable hutches for sale for a giant. and who would pay £129 in P@H for a giant? There is one girl in the Gateshead one that is really savvy about all the animals they sell, the others vary.

They told me they were having a revamp of the rabbit bit to modernise it :? does it look like they have?

To be fair I think the gateshead one is superb! When ever ive been in all the animals have been clean, looked well cared for and happy, and have plenty food drink and hay! :) and the staff seem pretty knowledgeable :D

I have two local PH stores - both in Poole (one in Fleets, the other in Branksome), and both are immaculately clean in the animal areas, with good spaces for the buns and piggies, plenty of food, hay and water, and places for them to hide. They also have notices saying buns are happiest living in pairs.

I guess a lot is down to the local branch manager....

To be fair I think the gateshead one is superb! When ever ive been in all the animals have been clean, looked well cared for and happy, and have plenty food drink and hay! :) and the staff seem pretty knowledgeable :D

I agree :D The Gateshead one is the best pet shop I've ever been into.

And Blackberry & Co, the gateshead one now has signs like that :D. I think P@H are very open to advice from animal welfare groups, a guinea pig forum convinced them to stop selling eucalyptus treats and there was the whole 'free rabbit with cage' thing that was nipped in the bud by RWA.

Back