• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

soo glad no one has bid

Can't see it now - probably better I don't, more nightmares about rabbits cooped up in wooden coffins:evil:

Just saw it, actually it's bigger than the average breeding hutch which just confirms why I have nightmares about the little dwarf lop that was stuck at the bottom of the stack with a bucket of food infront of her only natural light, I moved it with my foot thinking that there couldn't be rabbit in there and she just looked at me, poor little thing, I cannot believe how it's deemed alright to keep rabbits in such tiny tiny accomodation :? :evil:

Iam the same start thinking of all those poor bunnies with no room and just stuck in hutch day and night .Heartbreaking.

The one I can't forget is the female at the bottom, she would probably have had urine dripping down from all the hutches above her and she was on the floor near enough, on woodshavings, no hay and couldn't even see out as they had the food bucket infront of her wire mesh door and it was quite small so virtually obscured it. I will never forget that this was deemed to be a 'good' breeder aswell, according to them, so what on earth must a bad one be like? It couldn't have been any closer to hell for rabbits IMO, the consolation in the minds of the owners is that they can see each other, yes how lovely to see your own kind in tiny hutches in their own filth, unable to demonstrate any natural behaviour day after day and nothing else to do but, wait for the handler to come and get one for dinner :evil:

Just saw it, actually it's bigger than the average breeding hutch which just confirms why I have nightmares about the little dwarf lop that was stuck at the bottom of the stack with a bucket of food infront of her only natural light, I moved it with my foot thinking that there couldn't be rabbit in there and she just looked at me, poor little thing, I cannot believe how it's deemed alright to keep rabbits in such tiny tiny accomodation :? :evil:

:( "hutch" sizes depress me so much.

:( "hutch" sizes depress me so much.

Yes these weren't hutches in my opinion, they were breeding boxes, they didn't have two separate area's even, the ones the californians were in weren't even big enough for them to hop once let alone 3 times and I bet they never periscope or flop. They had guineau pigs in there aswell - the hutches they used I wouldn't have even put my rats in, let alone a rabbit! It disturbed me in many ways.:cry:

And the worst thing is they are allowed to keep rabbits in this way, no legislation in place to stop them :cry:

And the worst thing is they are allowed to keep rabbits in this way, no legislation in place to stop them :cry:

No unfortunately. Sadly we can't rely on common sense, compassion and decency to prevail in animal welfare, people can't be trusted to do all they can to meet the needs of the animals they choose to keep. Ignorance is no excuse either with the wealth of information available to educate people, so it is therefore cruelty IMO which says a lot about the people who do it.:censored:

No unfortunately. Sadly we can't rely on common sense, compassion and decency to prevail in animal welfare, people can't be trusted to do all they can to meet the needs of the animals they choose to keep. Ignorance is no excuse either with the wealth of information available to educate people, so it is therefore cruelty IMO which says a lot about the people who do it.:censored:

Well sadly we all know that a lot (not all) of breeders don't treat their animals as living creatures, merely "stock" to make them money. And the general public that keep rabbits in appalling conditions are just cruel. How anyone can find it acceptable to keep a living, breathing animal with feelings and needs in a tiny hutch for all of it's life is totally beyond my comprehension.

I saw that hutch as I'm looking for a two tier hutch in Lincoln/Newark,Notts.

What you see was what you would get:evil:, even sent a message to seller saying that it was inapropriate for a rabbit and that he should withdraw it and smash it, as no-one in their right mind would bid on that. Pleased i proved him right.:D

Back