• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Papaya...

Dobbin

Mama Doe
Dobbin loves his papaya tablet - Isobel wont touch it!!

Dobbin is moulting like there is no tommorrow!! I am thinking ahead to hopefully when she is grooming him.

He is currently having two tablets a day, as he is moulting so much.

What can i give Lady Isobel everyday that will do the same job as the papaya tablet?

We left the tablet in with her all day and she has not touched it!!

Thanks

Sue
xxx

There's some debate about whether those tablets do actually do anything anyway so I wouldn't be too worried that Isobel won't eat them. You can also get pineapple and papaya ones which may be worth a go or small pieces of the fresh fruit itself. It's the same enzyme in both pineapple and papaya that breaks down hair. The down side of course is that both are high in sugar and too much of that can cause gut problems in itself.

Personally I think the best thing is to keep her guts in good working order by ensuring that she eats a high fibre diet and keeps well hydrated through water and veg. That in itself should minimise the risk of any hair she ingests causing a blockage. You could also try various types of grooming brush for Dobbin to see if there's a type that helps to take some of the excess hair away without him being too bothered :)

Back