• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Has anyone used this before?

helgalush

Wise Old Thumper
Just wondering if anyone has used this before for their buns:

http://www.animalmagicpetsupplies.c...ctPath=/Shops/BT3336/Products/Rabbithealth001

Was wondering if it might help Twinkle & Star to feel more relaxed about going to the vets, they only ever go for their injections (touch wood) and they dont like being handled so the whole thing is quite stressful for them. The last time I think all the noises and smells really scared Twinkle in particular.

Do you think it would be ok to use before their injections - or would there be risk of interactions at all?

No, not that particular stuff, but I have used Bach five flower rescue remedy on occasion which my vet agreed was fine to use, and suggested it once too. Some herbal and alternative medicines still have what is considered 'active' properties so I would just check with your vet first that it is ok to use before a vacc. or any other treatment, but I can't see it being a problem. :):wave:

Oh thats interesting thanks Vicky. I have some Rescue Remedy in the house, I think. Do you give the same does for Rescue Remedy as you would for a human, and can you just pop it in their water or would we have to syringe it in to their mouth? (I guess they might not drink the water).

I do one or two drops each on a piece of fenugreek crunchie or banana :D We use it before long car journeys (taking them on hols) the one time I didn't use it they were both bouncing around in the carrier driving me mad the whole way back! :roll::lol: I felt it did have some calming effect.

It has quite a strong smell and flavour and offered by syringe they didn't want it after the first time. Or I pick them up and syringe a drop in. But I use a normal syringe rather than the glass pipette as bunny teeth could shatter that.

Last edited:
Sounds a great idea. So do you think that will be ok before their VHD jabs, or shall I check with the vet next time I go?

Also, I was wondering whether we should take them in one carrier, since we tend to give them one each as I dont like the thought of them being all squished in to one, but then I wondered whether they would feel more reassured being able to snuggle up to each other??

Blimey! :shock::lol: You'd better tell their protective daddy that I can take a hint! :oops::lol::lol:

Even I was surprised at his voracity!!! :shock::lol::lol::lol: You'd be welcome to visit them so long as we can check your bags and pockets as you leave !! :lol::lol:

Sounds a great idea. So do you think that will be ok before their VHD jabs, or shall I check with the vet next time I go?

Also, I was wondering whether we should take them in one carrier, since we tend to give them one each as I dont like the thought of them being all squished in to one, but then I wondered whether they would feel more reassured being able to snuggle up to each other??

Yes, I would just check with your vet to be on the safe side. Flower remedies are still meant to be potent enough, i'm sure it will be fine but best to check.

If the carrier is big enough for two then I would put both in together yes if they are bonded. Ours always travel together in the same carrier :love: By squishing together they stop each other rolling around and give each other comfort, definitely take them together. We take both whether both are seeing the vet or just one. Poppy always sits side to side down one end, and Nino lies stretched out flat along the centre or squashes up beside Poppy. You can guarantee they'll be down the same end - all 3.5kg on my one knee in the car! :roll::lol: Unless i'm going alone in which case they go in the foot well.

Yes, I would just check with your vet to be on the safe side. Flower remedies are still meant to be potent enough, i'm sure it will be fine but best to check.

If the carrier is big enough for two then I would put both in together yes if they are bonded. Ours always travel together in the same carrier :love: By squishing together they stop each other rolling around and give each other comfort, definitely take them together. We take both whether both are seeing the vet or just one. Poppy always sits side to side down one end, and Nino lies stretched out flat along the centre or squashes up beside Poppy. You can guarantee they'll be down the same end - all 3.5kg on my one knee in the car! :roll::lol: Unless i'm going alone in which case they go in the foot well.

Flower remedies always do the trick with me!!

I think the carrier we have would be only just big enough for them but they wouldnt be able to move around at all. Not that they do anyway, they either just sit still or they dig at the towel we always put in to stop them sliding around! Think we will take them in one next time then so they can look after each other!!

Yeah they always go down one end dont they!!! :lol:

Hmm, was interested to read this as I am trying to bond my 2 with another bunny we have acquired. The female from the bonded pair keeps attacking the other female but I actually think it is because she is nervous and on edge (she was like this trying to bond her with Homer too). Neutral territory etc, we knew it would be difficult with Katy. The other two are absolutely fine but we have decided to call it a day for a couple of weeks and try again.

Is this the stuff you have been referring to and do you think this would help calm her and if so, how much would I give her and how long before the bonding?

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/product_detail.asp?pid=589&prodid=212

or this

http://www.bunnybazaar.com/more/on/details/RESCUE

Last edited:
Hi, sorry I missed your post. :wave:

I imagine they are the same. I've used the first one for me and I find it really helps.

I havent used it on the buns yet. I guess they are both the same but wld prob buy the 2nd one cos it is on the Bunny Bazaar website and they say ots safe for them. But that is just cos I am paranoid!!

I hope it helps with your buns. :)

Hmm, was interested to read this as I am trying to bond my 2 with another bunny we have acquired. The female from the bonded pair keeps attacking the other female but I actually think it is because she is nervous and on edge (she was like this trying to bond her with Homer too). Neutral territory etc, we knew it would be difficult with Katy. The other two are absolutely fine but we have decided to call it a day for a couple of weeks and try again.

Is this the stuff you have been referring to and do you think this would help calm her and if so, how much would I give her and how long before the bonding?

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/product_detail.asp?pid=589&prodid=212

or this

http://www.bunnybazaar.com/more/on/details/RESCUE

I have used the top one for Elwood on many occassions when his behaviour has become erratic - on the advice of my vet. I think it does help him :) I just put a couple of srops in water and he drinks it from the syringe, but then Elwood will eat anything :roll: :lol:

Thank you, I'll take a trip to Holland and Barrett and see if it works. Must be safe if Elwood has had it. Katy eats anything too :roll:

Back