• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbits getting on with each other

Candiflare

Mama Doe
After being at kay's on Thursday I'm so jealous her bun's temperaments! Harvey, Donna and Radar were hopping around meeting all the new arrivals (most of them unspayed and unneutered) and just accepted them instantly. They were just SO sweet and friendly.

If I brought home 10 giants, Ralph would be boxing them, Ruby would be running away from them and Buzz would be spraying them. Hardly the kind of welcome wagon these buns got at Kay's.

Why do all three of mine behave like this? Anybody else not have that one rabbit who accepts all other buns universally? I think Eddie and Elwood are like this at Rainbow aren't they? Just universally accepting of anybun that comes in?

When I lived with my parents and we got a family dog I read loads of stuff advising you to introduce your puppy to loads of different people. We did this, and now he is always affectionate with strangers and with dogs. I wonder if its the same with rabbits who often meet other rabbits?

I wouldn't worry sweetie, I don't think that its the norm for buns to just accept each other straight away.. My Bobby is such a madame she scared Carlo to death when they first met.:shock:

They still have their wee tiffs aswell:roll:

Elwoods group are very special Rabbits and I am sure that Kay's buns are the same:love:

I think its far more unusual for rabbits to be so accepting. I have one, Roger, who will just take anyone in (although I have only ever tried him with girls), but most of mine are VERY fussy, and some just won't touch any other bunny with a bargepole.

Rosie also seems to be a bit of an accepting bunny, but I have only tried her with one, although she stopped some sparring between the bars between her hubby Badger and everyone else.

Back