• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do you keep a bun clean that won't clean themselves

angeleyes

Warren Veteran
So how do you keep a bun clean that won't clean themselves especially when you are out at work all day?

Fletcher has become a nightmare, he has been upgraded from a hutch into a shed and now he won't go to toilet in the tray no matter where i put it, he is doing it all over the shed floor when i get home every night there are puddles of wee and the floor is covered in poo and because he is doing it all over the floor then running and sitting on the floor he is getting covered in it and he is not cleaning himself.

I have just had to bum bath him again and he is not amused, he stinks of wee and his back end is yellowing.

I don't have the hutches anymore so he can't go back into one of them, the only thing i can do is put him in the small indoor cage in the shed but then thats not really fair on him is it? I mop up all the puddles when i get home but i have to go to work unfortunately so he could well be doing one early morning and sitting in it all day for all i know.

What would you do? What can i do?

ETA - He will be going to live with Liz when she has the space, so she will be able to manage it better then as she is home all day

Could you not put hay all over the floor of the shed to mop up the wee so at least he isn't sitting in it :?

Hopefully we will be in a position to take him very soon :)

We have a cotton rug from Ikea which we have in the enclosed part of our kennel. I'm sure that would be good at mopping up spillages if our buns needed extra help and it's fits in the washing machine too.

They don't have the exact ones there anymore but we are going to get a few similar ones next time we go. These http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/20153450 are the ones we are going to try.

Could you not put hay all over the floor of the shed to mop up the wee so at least he isn't sitting in it :?

Hopefully we will be in a position to take him very soon :)

I was trying to avoid doing that, its such a waste and will take up at least one bale of hay. What did you do for Timmy Liz? As he was inside i guess you didn't put hay down on your carpet? :lol: I am guessing vet bed is good?

We have a cotton rug from Ikea which we have in the enclosed part of our kennel. I'm sure that would be good at mopping up spillages if our buns needed extra help and it's fits in the washing machine too.

They don't have the exact ones there anymore but we are going to get a few similar ones next time we go. These http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/20153450 are the ones we are going to try.

Great I will take a look thanks :)

I was trying to avoid doing that, its such a waste and will take up at least one bale of hay. What did you do for Timmy Liz? As he was inside i guess you didn't put hay down on your carpet? :lol: I am guessing vet bed is good?

We just washed the carpet a lot and had lots of towels :)

Back