• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need to keep an eye on Bruce u/d weds

biscuitblossom

Warren Veteran
My little newbie has hardly eaten overnight,doesn't seem to know what greens are or carrots and hasn't eaten much of the mix he came with either (which is the worst I've seen in ages :shock:) .

His poops are teeny weeny too ,might have to try and look at his teeth a bit later .

Last edited:
Davina - new bunny - what have I missed:oops:

Sending lots of vibes for him, hope he's started eating, have you got any basil or parsley, that's Digbys favourites and he's a very picky eater:oops:

I have never known a bunny eat such a small amount!!

I, can only imagine hes not used to fresh food ,hes eating apple ,hardly touching carrot or greens ,hasn't a clue about hay but will nibble grass :?

He is doing the tiniest poos ,I'm sure our hamster does bigger!

He does seem alert and happy though .

I'd get his toothsies looked at if I were you :)

I've got an appointment at the vets on weds and I'm taking him then for a myxi jab ,along with 5 others ,so I shall get his teeth checked then,his incisors look ok to me from what I can see of them when he yawns :? hes not keen on me trying get a good look.

I've got an appointment at the vets on weds and I'm taking him then for a myxi jab ,along with 5 others ,so I shall get his teeth checked then,his incisors look ok to me from what I can see of them when he yawns :? hes not keen on me trying get a good look.

If he previously had a poor diet I'd not be surprised if he has molar issues. The minimal food intake and small poos plus a history of a poor diet scream 'Teeth' to me xx

I have never known a bunny eat such a small amount!!

I, can only imagine hes not used to fresh food ,hes eating apple ,hardly touching carrot or greens ,hasn't a clue about hay but will nibble grass :?

He is doing the tiniest poos ,I'm sure our hamster does bigger!

He does seem alert and happy though .

Oh poor boy :( he sounds like Maisey and Mini mouse, they hardly ate a thing and did poos the size of a pinhead :( It was teeth issues with both of them ( plus Maisey's breathing problems) Thankfully Mini now has a good appertite and is putting on weight nicely.

I hope he can get sorted soon and start feeling better and enjoying his new home :)

However i would be concerned about getting his mxyi done so soon if he is not eating or requires a GA for his teeth :?

Oh poor boy :( he sounds like Maisey and Mini mouse, they hardly ate a thing and did poos the size of a pinhead :( It was teeth issues with both of them ( plus Maisey's breathing problems) Thankfully Mini now has a good appertite and is putting on weight nicely.

I hope he can get sorted soon and start feeling better and enjoying his new home :)

However i would be concerned about getting his mxyi done so soon if he is not eating or requires a GA for his teeth :?

Don't worry,I'll take the vets advice if he has things that need sorting before having his myxi done...I always book newbies in quickly for a check up and myxi jab providing the vet thinks theyre ok to have it(I'm myxi paranoid :oops:)

Don't worry,I'll take the vets advice if he has things that need sorting before having his myxi done...I always book newbies in quickly for a check up and myxi jab providing the vet thinks theyre ok to have it(I'm myxi paranoid :oops:)

I used to do that, but then with the buns we took in they ended up having problems that weren't apparent straight away and they ended up really ill. So now I am over vaccinating paranoid :oops::lol:

Well this evening Bruce has decided that rocket salad is rather nice and greens chopped into tiny pieces.

Emailed his previous owners who said he was very fussy ,had a bowl and a half of the dried mix daily ,very little fresh food and a piece of cheese as a treat :roll:

How's Bruce doing today Davina? Hope he's eating a little better :)

Just gobsmacked that they thought it ok to feed cheese to a bun!!! :shock::shock::shock:

Back