• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Making moving less stressful

LMc

Young Bun
Morning :wave:
OH and I are finally exchanging contracts on our new house this week and then will be moving in 6 weeks:D Just wondering if anyone has any tips on how to make the whole move stress free for our two boys. There both house rabbits so used to where there cage is, food bowl, favourite places to flop and Im worried about them getting used to a new place. Although they will now have a garden to run around in, yey:D
any advice would b appreciated.
O new house only 10 mins away so don't have a long journey to make

similarity

Set their new zone up as early in the move as you can, keep the layout as similar as possible, take some poo and wet litter with you (yuk) so it smells of them, keep to the usual routine, but with extra treats. GOOD LUCK.

Maybe give them a smaller space to start with so they can get used to new smells and noises, and gives you time to bunny proof the new house, before they get full free range of whatever area you're giving them!

Good luck

When I moved I kept Pye in his house for 24hours so he got used to it all and the let him gradually have more room so he didn't freak out, he's a super nervous bun tho when it comes to 'new'!!

I woudn't worry to much we moved from Lancashire to North Yorkshire in March a 2 hour journey with 14 rabbits and they have all settled in their new home just fine.

Back