• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Isla is nesting

lottielouise

Wise Old Thumper
ut oh!!

Not sure of her history as she is from pets at home adoption centre. Just hoping it is stress and hormones resulting in a phantom, rather than an actual pregnancy.

Fingers crossed!!

Argghhhh - do you know how long they had had her for?

Unfortunately, I don't think it matters how long they may have had her in store for. We've recently taken on a little doe from a neighbour, which had been in the adoption section for 3 months, and she turned out to be pregnant when they got her. GRRRR!....

I got her on monday. They had her dumped on them on the Friday before that, so they had her 2 days. She was dumped with another girl (yes I checked her too ;) ), but they bothe could have been in with a boy :( anything is possible.

Just checked on her, and her nipples look to be very erect, and her tummy very hard. But I am only comparing them to my neutered does. Never had a pregnant doe before, and it all could still be phantom pregnancy.

She and I have been through a lot this week, and I don't think any babies would survive, due to the stress of the situation she is in, she is sharing the shed with my bonded five, sectioned off.

I am sending her off to my Aunties shed tomorrow, just in case. I only hope everything is a false alarm

Anti pregnancy wishes for her! I hope she's ok.

Do the P@H adoption bits do homechecks? I've seen a few posts where people have got pets from there but it all seems quick. :?

I would be careful on moving her yetagain that might just be too much stress for her. That won't be good for her let alone the kits if she is. Hopefully not my doe built one in same sort of situation but wasn't

I have had does in the same situation and nothing came of it, but obviously not knowing her history I have to think of all the possibilities.

Unfortunately, I don't think it matters how long they may have had her in store for. We've recently taken on a little doe from a neighbour, which had been in the adoption section for 3 months, and she turned out to be pregnant when they got her. GRRRR!....

I was talking to an assistant in a p@h near me and she told me they let the bunnies out to exercise in the store before opening time :? ,now that could lead to fights as well as babies!!

I was talking to an assistant in a p@h near me and she told me they let the bunnies out to exercise in the store before opening time :? ,now that could lead to fights as well as babies!!

:shock: Well, I guess that would explain alot, as we didn't get any proper answers from the store as to what may have happened. Sadly though, it was poor little April who had to suffer, as due to someones lack of care, she ended up giving birth to a dead kit that was way, way too big for her to have delivered easily :(

Well she went off to my Aunty's shed to be alone without other bunnies being around.

I think this is for the best, as she was in a small hutch, in my nanna's shed with 5 strange bunnies. at least now she gets a 5ftx4ft shed, with no other threats around. She went with plenty of old bedding so it smelled familiar.

She felt rather 'lumpy' this morning, and her nipples looked rather obvious last night. I am still holding out for a phantom pregnancy though :?

If it makes you feel a little less anxious, my Cloud was forever nesting up until I got her neutered on thursday. I've only had her for a couple of months, she came from the RSPCA and was unneutered as she's supposedly seven and they thought she was too old to survive the operation.

Apparently she never tried to nest in the RSPCA. I wondered if the stress of being in rescue, and then going to a new home set her off. Tha daft thing gave herself bald armpits and shredded several blankets! Her nipples were also very noticable and she got quite hormonal. After waiting long enough to know there was definately no chance she was going to give birth :)shock:) I booked her in to be speyed.

Thankfully, she's stopped fur pulling now! I was finding it everywhere! :roll::lol:

Well I had a lovely huge furry nest this morning. no babes though, fingers crossed its not tonight. Looking at dates I am figuring these are phantoms

Back