• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Very worried about Rum

Hessen

Banned
She got somewhere she shouldn't have been (behind the dishwasher) and has chewed through some plastic piping, I think some builders foam as well as sniffing around a floor that's previously had rat poison down on it.

Phoned emergency vet straightaway who basically said they can't do anything and to just keep an eye on her...

She was back there for a while so not sure how much of what she's eaten.

She's acting fine and is eating and drinking now, but I can't help but really worry, there's no way I'll sleep tonight :(

Oh dear, try not too worry too much, get Rum to eat as much hay as possible and drink water. I'm sure it'll be fine buns do like to worry us!

Think I am a bit tardy with any constructive advice, but just minitor her carefully and keep a close eye on her poops, as well as making sure she is eating and drinking.

Any problems at all, get her seen.

Hope you're OK little Rum?

Gosh, I am not the only one whos lost sleep because of a naughty bun bun (I assume you saw about Rimmi eating lots of chocolate) ..... they're worse than children!! Argh!!!

Hope Rum is unaffected, Rimmi seemed to get withdrawal from the chocolate and was hopping mad yesterday.... maybe is an 'R' thing???! :shock:

Glad she is alright, did you put the rat poison down ? Only I thought because it was so dangerous the pest controllers put it in containers/traps? I would be really careful with her, she clearly can get to places you don't think she can!:lol:

Back