• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What's that smell?

sacol4940

Warren Veteran
When Jose and Rainbow chase each other at feeding times, there's this horrible smell coming from them :?

What is it?

I would guess hormones. My two boys have a run split in half, one has been neutered for 3 months, one for 3-4 weeks, and every now and then theres an overwhelming smell of hormones in that room!

I would guess its scent, especially if their tails are lifted.

You can see if it is by looking in their scent glands. These are either sides of their genitals and when you open them they absolutely stink, chances are that is the smell you are smelling.

I would guess its scent, especially if their tails are lifted.

You can see if it is by looking in their scent glands. These are either sides of their genitals and when you open them they absolutely stink, chances are that is the smell you are smelling.

I didn't even know they had scent glands :lol:

We were told to clean Beau's scent pockets out every once in a while, I nearly hurl every time :mrgreen: it's like a brown waxy substance, but it pooooongs! Jane loves the smell :roll: in fact maybe she's high on it, maybe that's why her fridge is now pink! :lol::lol::lol:

We were told to clean Beau's scent pockets out every once in a while, I nearly hurl every time :mrgreen: it's like a brown waxy substance, but it pooooongs! Jane loves the smell :roll: in fact maybe she's high on it, maybe that's why her fridge is now pink! :lol::lol::lol:

Oh god, I cant clean them out, I'll be heaving all over the place :?

Maybe Jane can come and clean my 4's out for me :lol:

its hormones, but i wouldnt bother cleaning them unless they smell all the time, or they have waxy patches on the skin

Mine smelled a lot when they were first bonded, because they are still learning their hierarchy etc, so its probably just a posessive thing over food.

Back