• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Another easy question

thumps_

Wise Old Thumper
I've never had a rabbit I knew the exact age of as a baby.
When I was given Thumper, I was told he was 7 months old. I thought he was a Nethie!!!! He tripled in size over the next few months to a lean 3 kilo adult.
No WAY could he have been 7 months old & tripled in size.

How old do you think he was when he 1st. came to live here?

In that case probably about 12 weeks. The average rabbit stops growing at about 6 months. (although larger breeds grow later into adulthood...about 14 months.)

When I adopted Marge and Homer, they weighed about 700g each. They now weigh about 2 kg each. They're both fully grown now - about nine months old - although their weight stopped increasing when they were about six months old. They were eight weeks old when I adopted them. :)

So, I would agree with Teddy's Mummy that Thumper was much younger than seven months old when he came to live with you.

Thank you Teddy's Mummy.
He's about 3 weeks younger than I had thought, but I watched a friend's Conti grow up which acounts for it.
Thumper's issues are supposed to start in baby rabbits. 12 weeks would bring him into the right age range.

Thank you very much for your help.
ps. I must see Teddy "binky & hop" again. It always cheers me up! I hope he's keeping well.

ETA I'm sorry we cross posted Antigone. So yours tripled in weight from 8 weeks to adulthood?Between 8-12 weeks would bring him even more into the right age range.

Last edited:
Back