• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Someone asked to see buns soil pit.....

bensonlola

Warren Veteran
.... can't remember who - it was a while ago! Sorry. They love it though. Got the paddling pool out of Argos £14.99. It's great as it has a lid to keep the soil dry. I just slide it over when they are out playing and it doubles as a handy bunny den!! Lola especially likes it. She ran and dug and rolled in it this morning so much she got soil all over the ground!!

DSC00471.jpg

DSC00473.jpg

Last edited:
Awww, mine have a soil/sand pool and love it, constantly in it when there allowed and even sleep in it.
Better for dark coloured bunnies though, mines white patches look interesting afterwards :lol:

It was meee :wave: Thats AMAZING!! such a clever idea. I think I'm going to have to get one for the summer :D thanks for posting the pictures :)

Last edited:
What a fab idea!

Ronnie and Lola need one :lol: Do you just put normal bagged compost in it? :? xXx

It was meee :wave: Thats AMAZING!! such a clever idea. I think I'm going to have to get one for the summer :D thanks for posting the pictures :)

Sorry it took a while!! I just remembered this morning when I was watching them play in it!! :wave:

Yep! Thought I'd buy a bag of compost instead of digging up my garden soil in case any cats had 'been' in it!!

Good thinking :lol: Yeah, ive got no soil to dig up, thats why i asked :) Will buy Ronnie and Lola one i think :D I did see one of the turtle sand pits ages ago, and thought that would be fab for them. They have everything, yet they still seem bored :lol:

Your bunnies are gorgeous xxx

Good thinking :lol: Yeah, ive got no soil to dig up, thats why i asked :) Will buy Ronnie and Lola one i think :D I did see one of the turtle sand pits ages ago, and thought that would be fab for them. They have everything, yet they still seem bored :lol:

Your bunnies are gorgeous xxx

Thanks. So are yours. Do you have just the two? Who are the other 3 on your signature?

I know - they seem to need their toys changed now and again don't they?? Like children!! I take things away and store them, put something else out, then bring the old thing out again after a while! My family think I'm an obsessed, mad, bunny lady! I think the only people who understand are the folks on RU forum!! :roll:

I'd love something like that but the space in the run is limited. We have some old storage boxes I'm thinking about using.

This is a really stupid question I know, but what soil do you put in? Just any old soil?

I'd love something like that but the space in the run is limited. We have some old storage boxes I'm thinking about using.

This is a really stupid question I know, but what soil do you put in? Just any old soil?

Well I just bought a bag of B&Q compost. I hope that's ok - hasn't done them any harm.

Thanks. So are yours. Do you have just the two? Who are the other 3 on your signature?

I know - they seem to need their toys changed now and again don't they?? Like children!! I take things away and store them, put something else out, then bring the old thing out again after a while! My family think I'm an obsessed, mad, bunny lady! I think the only people who understand are the folks on RU forum!! :roll:

I have 5 :oops: All the buns in my signature are mine :oops: No more bunnies here though after everything we've been through with little Scamp. Ronnie and Lola have loads of room, as they have a huge aviary, hence why they get the big toys :lol: They have one of the little tikes activity cubes and they love it! Got it for £10 from ebay! :D

I have 5 :oops: All the buns in my signature are mine :oops: No more bunnies here though after everything we've been through with little Scamp. Ronnie and Lola have loads of room, as they have a huge aviary, hence why they get the big toys :lol: They have one of the little tikes activity cubes and they love it! Got it for £10 from ebay! :D

Oh thats a good idea! Might steal that one!!! :D

I've made a slightly smaller one for my nethies - I bought a cheap covered cat litter tray and have one of those green tunnels going into it so it keeps everything nicely contained. Santa absolutely loves having a little 'den' and Dudley likes to chuck all the soil around :)

.... can't remember who - it was a while ago! Sorry. They love it though. Got the paddling pool out of Argos £14.99. It's great as it has a lid to keep the soil dry. I just slide it over when they are out playing and it doubles as a handy bunny den!! Lola especially likes it. She ran and dug and rolled in it this morning so much she got soil all over the ground!!

DSC00471.jpg

DSC00473.jpg

Oh WOW - I so need one of these now!

Heads off to Freecycle!

I've made a slightly smaller one for my nethies - I bought a cheap covered cat litter tray and have one of those green tunnels going into it so it keeps everything nicely contained. Santa absolutely loves having a little 'den' and Dudley likes to chuck all the soil around :)
Isn't it amazing the kick we get out of seeing the little fuzzywuzzies happy!!

Back