• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can bunnies fight through wire mesh?

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
After Bungle lost half his nose being bitten through the dog crate bars by Snowdrop I am over cautious.

Strawberry has an attached run that has wire mesh on. I think its 1/2" by 1/4". Do you think he would be able to bite Bungle through it if I let him have some free range time in the garden?

I would really like them to get used to each other so I can have Straws in his run and Bungle or Snow free ranging but I dont want any of them to get injured.

How do other people with multiple bunnies do this?

I read that as "can bunnies fly through wire mesh", imagined a cartoon image of a bunny flying through the mesh and getting cut into cubes on the way through :shock:

if they are showing agression towards each other id actualy put a piece of wood between so they cant even see each other

Sadly yes thats how Evie ripped her leg open :(

Dont forget also that they can still get frustrated from seeing each other a thin piece of ply might also be an idea

ply is really cheap, like £2 for a a door sized panel at BnQ, that's what we used to make a run for my old hammie Dusty.

Back