• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Big bondings

lottielouise

Wise Old Thumper
OK, so I have bonded a lot of bunnies before.

But I seen to be struggling with my guys at the minute. Its about 3-4 weeks since my 5 were bonded, but it doesn't seem to be settling down :(

Poor Charlie is coming off worst, with chunks and chunks of fur missing down his sides :cry: he is scabby too :(

Belle looks pretty ruffled too, and Frankie has pieces of fur missing too.

At which point so you say enough, or start thinking about bonding in an even number.

Most of this is because Charlie wants somebun to snuggle too, and the others are not obliging.

Hmmmm its a hard one. My four never completely settled when Albert was with them he was always bullied a bit and I had no worried when I seperated them because of his feet. He is a much happier rabbit now he is with Evie. That said I would never split up the trio and Fudge has settled with them really well. I think you just know.

Dont forget that your rabbits are fairly newly bonded. Am I right in thinking that you have recently moved (wasnt sure if buns had moved yet) If so they will be having to resettle all over again in a new house. I would give them a couple of weeks and see how you feel then. It is also 'that' time of year :)

Dont forget that your rabbits are fairly newly bonded. Am I right in thinking that you have recently moved (wasnt sure if buns had moved yet) If so they will be having to resettle all over again in a new house. I would give them a couple of weeks and see how you feel then. It is also 'that' time of year :)
ditto.

I've been reading a lot about bonding trios lately and was speaking to a girl on another forum. She said that at first one of hers was really left out. She gave herself a 6 month time limit to decide whether to split them again and 4 months down the line you'd never know which one was the newbie. It can just take time for buns to settle down and sort things out between them.

If it gets to a point where you feel one is very unhappy or damage is being done I think you'll know it's time to try something else but as long as they're all OK I'd wait it out.

Buns moved yesterday. but I have noticed that Charlie is almost bald down his sides and is rather scabby too :(

Frankie is in need of a dental, so that is something to do tomorrow, and something that could be causing trouble.

It is Sophie and Granite causing the bother, I think, they look fine, but seem to be starting fights between the others :(

when i had a group of 5 they never settled, it went down to 4, then to 3.

i then tried another group of 4 which ended up in misery.

i have found there always better in pairs?

ETA - i also found when i moved back homes, it upset my pairs a little :wave:

Back