• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mini Mouse is looking for her Micky

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
Mini Mouse is doing so well at the moment, we are really impressed with her progress :D However since loosing maisey last week we can see she is getting depressed and we can't risk her going off her food again.

So she is now looking for her perfect partner. I know this is not going to be an easy job as it has to be quite specific, but if anyone or any rescue can help we would be really grateful :)

He needs to be at least 7 years old and small - mini is 9 years old and around 1 kg.

He needs to be quite a layed back, quiet bunny and happy to be a house bunny with some garden time in nice weather.

He needs to be a slow eater as Mini has dental problems and although eating well does tend to pick through out the day. We are happy to take on a dental bunny :)

So if anyone knows where Mini Mouse can find her Micky we would be really grateful :wave:

I have seen him many times before :love: But he is far too big. One of my mini rexes was nearly 3kg. I really need a little nethie, mini lop or small lionhead type bunny :?

He does loko big for a mini rex doesnt he I wasnt sure if it was just the picture

Looking at the second picture he actually looks quite small :? However he sounds far too lively for Mini :? She needs somebun who is happy just to flop out in the sun or the litter tray with her. She also hasn't been neutered and it is not something we are planning to get done so he definately needs to be a lazy bun

How odd, I have a Mini with a Mischa which is a German nickname for Michael. So I guess I have a Mickey and Mini too. Hope she finds her Mickey soon. :love:

There's this guy:
http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/moreinfo.asp?RabID=19215
Although he's only 5, so may not be suitable

Or this one:
http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/moreinfo.asp?RabID=19082
It says he had dental problems before, but he's probably going to be too big, but is 7 years old

Ahh! So difficult trying to find the perfect partner..

Thank you, I did spot the top link but felt he would be a little too young plus he is a long way away. The problem with 5 and 6 year olds is they can be as lively as a 2 year old, where as when they reach 9 years they really are starting to age.

the bottom one is definately too big. We did initially think harvey could go with Mini but once we saw that his head was as big as her entire body we knew it wouldn't work out :lol:

Ooh he looks like a possibility :) I didn't know about that website :) Is it still Karen who runs the bunny side of it, do you know :?

I don't actually know who runs it unfortunately. I was just browsing :oops::oops: and spotted him. Depending on his personality he could be a good fit.

I felt really sorry for him looking for a home at 6yrs old as well. :(

Does size really matter? Maisey looked quite a lot bigger than little Mini. I have my 7kg Thistle with little 2.5kg Jess and they get on fine (and they're fast approaching their twilight years). Jess is boss!

Surely so long as the bunny has the right temperement, size wouldn't be so much of an issue? And are you not considering does?

Sorry, question overload! :oops::lol:

Does size really matter? Maisey looked quite a lot bigger than little Mini. I have my 7kg Thistle with little 2.5kg Jess and they get on fine (and they're fast approaching their twilight years). Jess is boss!

Surely so long as the bunny has the right temperement, size wouldn't be so much of an issue? And are you not considering does?

Sorry, question overload! :oops::lol:

I think I would prefer to stick to a small bunny. Although Mini is doing well she is still not the strongest of bunnies and is very tiny. I have larger piggies :) Maisey actually weighed the same as her and was very very weak so there really wasn't much difference.

I am not considering does as Mini isn't neutered so wouldn't want to risk trying to bond her to another female. I think I have a better chance of getting her with a lazy male :)

I think I would prefer to stick to a small bunny. Although Mini is doing well she is still not the strongest of bunnies and is very tiny. I have larger piggies :) Maisey actually weighed the same as her and was very very weak so there really wasn't much difference.

I am not considering does as Mini isn't neutered so wouldn't want to risk trying to bond her to another female. I think I have a better chance of getting her with a lazy male :)

Wow, I didn't realise Maisey was that slim. :shock: Poor old girl. I totally understand why you want a lazy male now! I will keep an eye out for any buns that might be suitable down here. :wave: I'll pop into the local RSPCA and ask there too.

Back