• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Binky Bunny

Does she let you stroke her? What's her story?

:wave: My partner discovered a nest on our allotment containing four babies, we moved them to outside of the allotment but the Mum never found them, although we have since discovered we should have moved the whole nest (we put them in a box). After a few cold nights outside on their own I took them all to the vets thinking they would be put out of their misery :( but one of the nurses said it was possible to hand rear them, so we did! The other 3 (all boys died aptly named Radish, Carrot and Parsnip!) but Spuds survived. I wasn't going to release her into the wild as I thought she was just too tiny, but she was going to go to a wildlife rescue originally and then I decided to keep her.

She was bonded with a domestic bunny but sadly he died last year, potential new bunny friend arriving this weekend :D

She does enjoy fuss and actually licks my fingers :D but absolutely detests being picked up!

And she is now three years old :love:

Thanks! The last time I tried was awful, the other rabbit clearly didn't think much of her and they were rolling around fighting :shock:

Good news!

Good news! Everyone keep your fingers crossed....I got new bunny over a week ago and both him and Spudsey have been seriously flirting with each other :love: Looking fairly good for bonding this weekend!

oooh how exciting!! pleased for you and spudsey! hope everything ok with you

Hi Carly :wave:

I'm ok thanks are you? Sorry I don't think I replied to your last email :oops:

Spudsey has been binkying so much infront of new bunny (not to be named until bonded!) that she fell over the other day and rolled into her tunnel :lol: Think she was embarrased that she fell over infront of the handsome black bunny that she scarpered into the tunnel to compose herself...

we are all good ta! poor spudsey being embarrassed in front of her suitor!! its amazing how rabbits can manage to look embarrassed bless them, dave does that all the time when one of his plans to steal food go wrong!!!
good luck with the bonding, let me know how you get on :D

Young love!! :love:
How sweet!

I can't view her video at work! Grrr. Silly work computers.
So I will come back once I'm on my lappy at home. :D

we are all good ta! poor spudsey being embarrassed in front of her suitor!! its amazing how rabbits can manage to look embarrassed bless them, dave does that all the time when one of his plans to steal food go wrong!!!
good luck with the bonding, let me know how you get on :D

Will do thanks carly :)

Just watched it! She is soo fast!
Really made me smile after such a long day at work!! :D

My little ones really go for it too! Especially Bella!

Hope things are going well with her husbun to be! ;)

Wow, bunny Olympics should be on the cards - she looks like a gymnast composing herself before her mad dash :love: I love watching binkying buns - it warms the heart :)

:D Yes watching binkying bunnies is lovely to watch, the new bunny has been making some high speed dashes himself :D

Hoping to make a video diary of the bonding though going to use a camera which will mean getting my other half to keep downloading every five minutes :roll: I find bonding rabbits so terrifying :oops:though that moment when you know they have bonded is lovely :love: hopefully it might help others!

Back