• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Someone help me take my mind off it ........

Jemma&Theo

Mama Doe
Re my other thread in General Chat....

Saw some baby bunnies at a farm shop today :

We nearly ended up walking away with one of them- it was such a shame. There was a 50cm wide section of a breeders hutch with just sawdust in and nothing else- and a small boy dwarf lop on his own- it was so sweet because he must have been so cooped up, bored and lonely yet he was finding the cheer to binky on the spot in his tiny cage...

Me and the OH were strong but I feel guilty- but you cant walk away with them all..............Just annoys me at the message it sends out to potential buyers about the size of the hutch required..........

Just spoke to the OH and we both want to go back tomorrow and 'save' him- but i know we cant ...... we dont have the room or the money AT THE MOMENT...............

Please someone send some words to help stop our hearts breaking. Even my OH said he hasnt stopped thinkin about him today.......

Re my other thread in General Chat....

Saw some baby bunnies at a farm shop today :

We nearly ended up walking away with one of them- it was such a shame. There was a 50cm wide section of a breeders hutch with just sawdust in and nothing else- and a small boy dwarf lop on his own- it was so sweet because he must have been so cooped up, bored and lonely yet he was finding the cheer to binky on the spot in his tiny cage...

Me and the OH were strong but I feel guilty- but you cant walk away with them all..............Just annoys me at the message it sends out to potential buyers about the size of the hutch required..........

Just spoke to the OH and we both want to go back tomorrow and 'save' him- but i know we cant ...... we dont have the room or the money AT THE MOMENT...............

Please someone send some words to help stop our hearts breaking. Even my OH said he hasnt stopped thinkin about him today.......

and buying from a Petshop or the like does nothing for the bigger picture re Rabbit Welfare.

thanks, i need to hear it.....

So hard to see the bigger picture when theres a tiny baby bunny clearly being neglected- its heartbreaking......... We keep thinking how we can 'try' and make it work. Its hard to say no.

My OH is suffering with it. He is reasonably new to bunnies- its my passion thats rubbed off on him - I have learnt to be strong over the years but he folds easy... bless him

Agreed, but the breeders would replace every bunny you took aboard.:(:censored:

PS: I have updated my previous post so it shows info re Dudley Council.:shock:

Back