• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh my god, how is Rimmi still alive???

TeflonsShadow

Wise Old Thumper
I was out yesterday for a few hours and the babies were left in their pen. Rimmi has been getting out some how recently, a few times we've come back and hes been out but Winter never is, we've usually found him in the hay bag so I have tidyed everything up so nothing is accessable.....

HOWEVER

When we came back, Rimmi wasnt out so I had assumed he hadnt been out until I found a wet wee patch on the duvet... now Winter NEVER pees on the sofa or duvet, so it is obviously him and I have just realised this:

100_2411.jpg

After eating *that much chocolate* how is he still living?? Hes a diddy bun, the chocolate bun IS AS BIG AS HIM.

And how the blinking heck is he getting in and out of the pen??

I am in shock.

I hope he is OK, certainly it is dark chocolate that is so dangerous to dogs and cats- so hopefully rabbits are the same and he hasn't taken in enough of the theobromine to cause any ill effects.

Naughty boy.

How long would it take for that to have affects on a bun? I assume it was yesterday, but I suppose it could have been last night too..... both are 8 hours ago...

Oh no! I think you should give the vet a quick ring and see if they've any advice. How's the lil man in himself?

Oh no! I think you should give the vet a quick ring and see if they've any advice. How's the lil man in himself?

Very normal.

Ive already spoke to someone at the vets and they said that it was unlikely he ate it because rabbits shouldnt like chocolate and told me I must have mice, I asked to speak to a vet and I got one ring me back and he said watch him closely for the next 24 hours and take him straight down there if he starts acting abnormally...... I have noticed they've drank lots of water so maybe that was helping him 'flush' it out?? I dont know, why is he so naughty??!

I don't really know, I would feed him plenty of water and hay- I was told to do this when my goats ate honeysuckle.

What sort of pen is he in?

A NIC cube pen! 2 high (neither can jump 2....) Its really secure, I thought a found a gap where he had been getting out but I blocked it off and it hasnt moved so that cant be it, I will upload some photos of it in a mo.....

what a naughty boy, you can't leave anything lying around can you :shock: hope he'll be ok though, you can actually see his teeth marks in it :shock:

what a naughty boy, you can't leave anything lying around can you :shock: hope he'll be ok though, you can actually see his teeth marks in it :shock:

I know :shock: Naughty Rimmi :roll::roll: I cant imagine what I would have done if I had come back and...... :cry::cry::cry:

Naughty little man! :shock:

Can you try putting a net or something over the top of their pen just to make 100% sure he isn't jumping out?
He might be clever and climbing on Winter to jump over!:shock:

Can you try putting a net or something over the top of their pen just to make 100% sure he isn't jumping out?

Yeah, I might have to! I can imagine he might be... odd that she isnt getting out though, I always thought she was the clever one!!! :roll:

My god:shock: Really hope he is ok:)

Its rubbish what the person at the vet said by the way:roll: If Sally smells chocolate on my hand she tries to eat them, also wrappers. Anything chocolaty and she goes mental:roll::lol:

I was just about to say this. We have a 'lid' on ours that swings up and rests on the wall. We just made it with more panels and cable ties.

Photo0204-vi.jpg

Photo0206-vi.jpg

I was just about to say this. We have a 'lid' on ours that swings up and rests on the wall. We just made it with more panels and cable ties.

Photo0204-vi.jpg

Photo0206-vi.jpg

Yeah, I have a swing lid like that, but only over the bit that their indoor cage tray thing is..... I will upload some photos but started uploading some of when I went to the beach yesterday so they are taking a while to upload.... think I will have to go for an all over cover, the OH isnt going to be happy, it looks so much 'messier'.

:no: Naughty Rimmi ... eating that poor bunnies ear!!

Charlie and oreo can clear 2 NIC Cubes easily - Oreo just jumps and Charlie climbs :shock:

Sooty and Mittens have never attempted it....
It must be a boy thing - into adventures and climbing... and being NAUGHTY :lol:

A NIC cube pen! 2 high (neither can jump 2....) Its really secure, I thought a found a gap where he had been getting out but I blocked it off and it hasnt moved so that cant be it, I will upload some photos of it in a mo.....

Honey used to jump two easily. Not the hamster escaping and getting back in again is it. Hope he's OK.

Back