• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Celery

Hello I have heard that Celery is fine for everyday, sure it was through someone on here, because its mainly fibre and there are few calories.. my two monsters have it everyday

Aww good :) ty.

It was you on another thread (by me :oops:) about food, and you said celery so when I saw it today I bought some then though 'ooh I hope she said celery' :lol:

How much of it should I give her? Esp as it'll be her first try?

Sorry for being a pain.

stringiness

I've heard that the stringiness can cause problems, so I tend to chop the 'stem' bits fairly finely. Our rabbits and GPs absolutely LOVE it, especially the leaves. I give it as a treat food rather than a staple though - mainly because we eat most of it ourselves and don't leave much for them!

I wouldn't prob give her it all the time, but the other things I've bought before have been best for treats and only given every so often so I've ended up going back to dandelion leaves and grass, and felt a bit guilty and wanted something nice for her :)

Celery gives my dandelion gas, took me three vet visits with a poorly bunny to narrow it down to celery. The other buns are ok with it though but I still don't feed it. Best to feed the leaves or cut it up into small pieces.

Celery gives my dandelion gas, took me three vet visits with a poorly bunny to narrow it down to celery. The other buns are ok with it though but I still don't feed it. Best to feed the leaves or cut it up into small pieces.

She's been ok with what she's had so far, but when I do try the celery it's gonna be in tiny amounts till I know she's fine.

All bunny tums are diff so yeah i think you are doing the right thing introducing slowly, as with anything really, have you tried spring greens??

If you feed celery, make sure you cut it up into small pieces so the stringy bits don't get wrapped round the teeth

I buy spring greens in the supermarket They big dark green leaves & clearly labelled so you shouldn't have any trouble finding them.

I have been giving Pip spring greens, they are really cheap and you get loads (i shared my bag with my sis in laws geriatric bun Emily), today pip is having coriander and spring greens from the farm shop.

I think spring greens are mainly used in stir frys, but I could be wrong!

Asda sells spring greens. Sometimes they sell them shredded in a bag and sometimes whole. They look a bit like flat, not so dense cabbages, but the leaves are more like a cauliflower.

Back