• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Summer is having an op on her eye

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
I can't actually remember the details of it as I was so upset about Harvey :oops:

Basically she has been suffering with an ulcer for weeks that hasn't been responding to any treatment. I think they are going to score some lines in the eye to see if the cells are regenerating or something like that. It doesn't sound nice whatever it is :?:( Plus Summer is 9 years old.

I am really worried and feel guilty that I didn't take in what they were saying about her :cry::cry:

Oh dear :cry: another poorly bunster :cry: I think you are under a lot of pressure at the moment so no wonder it is all a bit overwhelming and you forget things.. this is normal when we are tired and stressed. I'm sure Summer is in good hands and sending lots of vibes for her too. Hoping both her and Harvey have the strength they need today, and you guys as well. :)

Can't help with the eye op - way beyond me, sorry.
Lots of vibes for your poorly buns xx

Thank you, I am now waiting for one vet to ring me and hoping for one vet not to ring me :? So now if the phone goes I shall be in a right state not knowing who its going to be :roll:

Thank you, I am now waiting for one vet to ring me and hoping for one vet not to ring me :? So now if the phone goes I shall be in a right state not knowing who its going to be :roll:

Oh dear :cry: Perhaps a bunny cuddle with one of your special bunsters will calm you down a bit. :) Good luck x

:(:(:(

Don't feel guilty for not being able to remember what was said. It's another very stressful day for you, and I know I struggled with taking in what I was told when it was just Alfie that wasn't well.

I'm hoping that when/if the phone rings, it's from the right vet and good news. :)

Was he going to debride the ulcer, our vet does this with cats and dogs, it basically 'polishes' the ulcer removing the rough edges. This then allows health tissue to re-grow.

I'm guessing you've looked ay chlamydia and uveitis.

Sending tons of vibes for Summer, I hope she gets through her op ok, she's such a gorgeous girl :love::love:

Just spoken to the vet. Summer has come round fine :) They have scratched the surface of her eye to try to generate new cells to heal the ulcer. All we have to do now is hope that it has worked :?

Back