• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Really bad news for Harvey/ He's died/ test results p134

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
Harvey developed runny poo's yesterday and has near enough stopped eating for himself. The runny poos have stopped but he hasn't passed anything over night :(

I am syringe feeding him but his breathing is really bad.

He went to the vets today and basically they said he needs to be pts :cry::cry: We refused but they wouldn't treat him. They said he is too far gone and that his jaw is on the verge of abscess and he is in a lot of pain. They couldn;t hear if he had a heart murmur as his breathing was so noisey :(

We asked for fluids for him at the very least and they refused :(

I don't understand it as it is the same vet who did such a great job with Maisey :cry:

We know Harvey is really sick and that we probably don't stand a chance of turning him around but we want to give him some sort of a chance. He is so loving and cuddly.

Anyway I have rung another vet that we haven't used before and Steve is rushing him over there now. Not sure if the outcome will be any different but its worth a try...

Last edited:
Liz I am so sorry to read about Harvey. Its absolutely disgraceful that the vet has refused to treat him. Hope you can get some help today.

Aw poor Harvey :cry: I hope the other vet can at least make him comfortable.. Sending positive vibes yours and Harveys way xx

The other vet has just rung and had a long chat with me. He actually has some really long spurs at the very back of his mouth that are causing him a lot of pain and have damaged his mouth :(

We have decided our only option is a really good dental under GA. It is probably a death sentance for him, but if we don't do it then he will continue to starve to death just like his previous owners left him to do :(

His guts have totally shut down over night and they are more concerned about that than the GA :? If he pulls through the op he will be kept in overnight for meds and round the clock care.

They have a state of the art hospital with all the best facilities and 24 hour staffing so he is in the best possible place :)

I guess it is down to Harvey now, so please send him lots of stay strong vibes, this bunny so deserves a chance to be happy and comfortable.

I am so angry at his previous owners, they have obviously left him to starve for months when a simple dental could have fixed all this when he was strong and well :censored::censored:

I hope he pulls through Liz.
Your vet sounds a bit harsh, mine suggested PTS for Una the rat would be the best option, but agreed to try and save her and give her pain meds while we waited for results.

I would have done the same as you, if you feel he has a chance, you have to go for it.

I hope he pulls through Liz.
Your vet sounds a bit harsh, mine suggested PTS for Una the rat would be the best option, but agreed to try and save her and give her pain meds while we waited for results.

I would have done the same as you, if you feel he has a chance, you have to go for it.

I know, I'm really shocked considering they spent 4 days treating Maisey when we knew in reality we couldn't make her better :? :cry:

Awww loads and loads of vibes for Harvey to pull through xxxx

What an awful first vet, at least now you're giving him that chance, and that's what he deserves x

Back