• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

is it possible???

donnamt

Wise Old Thumper
Holly seems to be quite taken with the water bowl.. for the last 24 hours ive been convinced theres something wrong :oops::oops:

She eats SOOOOO much hay it amazes me and tonight i gave them a bowl full of kale, fresh brambles and some dandelion leaves.. shes only been at the water once since for a proper drink. but even when she didnt need a drink she had a sniff in the bowl as if she was checking it was still there before binkying off to find Alvin.

in sure she was loved so wasnt denied water in her last home but i cant help but think her crazy nomming and drinking is more out of novelty than necessity..maybe she only had a bottle before :? or is she bored :(

i know it sounds stupid because bunnies dont think like humans but its the gut feeling i have (which is nicer than the usual OMG shes gonna die one)

what you think peeps?????

I dont know but now having 4 I ve found they all drink different amounts... Mittens can drink a whole bowl in a day - I was :shock: when I first got her and thought something was wrong but shes fine but still drinks that amount every day. Oreo drinks a fair bit usually at night out of his bottle..

Sooty and Charlie drink very little - I never saw Sooty drink the first few months we had her and Charlies bottle would stay full for ages and he just has a few sips out of the bowl every now and then..

Its just another of their individual little quirks they have - dont worry...

dont know if that answerd your question or not :lol::lol:

hmmm....all of my buns have taken to drinking from a bowl, when I know they have never had one before. Try putting a bottle up for a bit, and see if she prefers it. If not then she's just not much of a drinker. :?

Your water might smell different to what she's used to...round here it smells/tastes different within quite a short distance. Maybe she is fascinated by the variation?

hmmm....all of my buns have taken to drinking from a bowl, when I know they have never had one before. Try putting a bottle up for a bit, and see if she prefers it. If not then she's just not much of a drinker. :?

shes drinking loads thats why i was worried, but even when shes not thirsty she checks the bowl, just wondered if its a habit rather than illness :D:D

Your water might smell different to what she's used to...round here it smells/tastes different within quite a short distance. Maybe she is fascinated by the variation?

oooooh never thought of that... it is great our brummy water :lol::lol:

shes drinking loads thats why i was worried, but even when shes not thirsty she checks the bowl, just wondered if its a habit rather than illness :D:D

I reckon shes checking on you that your doing your bunny duties and filling it up for her for when shes thirsty!

Mittens catches me out though - one minute its there - the next its not! :shock:

:oops::oops::oops: Sorry, I thought that you meant that she was just looking at the water.

If she's eating loads of hay then that's probably the reason why. It makes them thirstier. I think I remember you saying that Alvin wasn't a big hay eater (but that might have just been whilst he had a funny tummy..I can't remember :oops:) so it might just seem like she's drinking loads.

I reckon shes checking on you that your doing your bunny duties and filling it up for her for when shes thirsty!

Mittens catches me out though - one minute its there - the next its not! :shock:

little demon :lol::lol::lol::lol:

:oops::oops::oops: Sorry, I thought that you meant that she was just looking at the water.

If she's eating loads of hay then that's probably the reason why. It makes them thirstier. I think I remember you saying that Alvin wasn't a big hay eater (but that might have just been whilst he had a funny tummy..I can't remember :oops:) so it might just seem like she's drinking loads.

yeah Alvin has never eaten that much. he is getting better now i dont give him loads of veg :oops::oops: and even he drinks more now too :shock::shock:

the looking part has only happened tonight when i know shes not thirsty...every other time shes had a right guzzle everytime she goes near, enough to scare me.. now im not scared because shes not drinking all the time.. if that makes sense... im really tired :oops::oops::oops:

Back