• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My rabbits got lose-forgot to shut the hutch...

happysaz133

Wise Old Thumper
I can't believe I still have them. :shock:

I woke up hearing a banging on my door this morning at 6am. That's never a good sign, and I was panicking that something must be wrong. It was my Mum (who lives next door) saying the rabbits were hopping around in the road :shock: couldn't believe it. We managed to round them up, soon as they heard us they ran straight back to their shed, and into the hutch! That absolutely amazed me, because I thought they hated me, but they ran back to their hutch for their breakfast!

I guess one of the doors musn't have been shut last night after I put them back in after being in the run. I am stunned I still have them. Especially as there has recently been a fox sighted here, and anything could have happened.

I am very lucky I live in the middle of no where, and being that early there was no one about. I dread to think what would have happened if she hadn't been up and glanced out the window, I wouldn't have been up until 9am. They are seriously VERY lucky bunnies. And I can assure you, I will be checking every lock twice from now on.

So glad you have them safely back!

I have a padlock that I lock each night to make sure my boys have no chance of escaping.

ooohh scary :shock:

Im glad you got them all back safe and sound, and clever bunnies for not going too far and running back to the shed :D

Back