• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

we got him!

vilonor

Warren Scout
unfortunatly the home visit lady said the hutch was too small for 2 but more than big enough for 1, so we have rehomed a loner.

hes a cutie pie, strange though as it seems hes whiskers keep tickling hes nose and making him sneeze....any ideas???

hes also a tad dim, he can jump onto the 2nd story of hutch / sofa but cant figure out how to get down!

unfortunatly the home visit lady said the hutch was too small for 2 but more than big enough for 1, so we have rehomed a loner.

hes a cutie pie, strange though as it seems hes whiskers keep tickling hes nose and making him sneeze....any ideas???

hes also a tad dim, he can jump onto the 2nd story of hutch / sofa but cant figure out how to get down!

Aww, bless 'im! It'd be lovely if you could upgrade his hutch and get him a friend. :)

Aaaw, I agree, we need pictures!
Going down is scarier than going up, so it might take him a while to work out how to get to the top of his hutch. It did for my two anyway :) I'm sure he'll manage it soon.

thank you loosy that would explain it! he still hasnt sussed it.. last night he got up the top of the hutch and was there for hours... so we got him back down so he could go in the nesty bit... but he got back up and was stuck there all night!

any thoughts on the sneezing??????

i dont know how to post pics :(

also he doesnt seem to be drinking a great deal... do you think this could be because hes missing hes former home? or should i be concerened>

oh and hes former home gave him a bowl to drink from... where as i'd got a bottle, so do you think he would struggle with it?

(although i have given him a bowl too)

:wave:

Can I just ask what size hutch they deemed more than big enough for 1??

Reason I ask is I am looking to adopt a doe for my boy when he is neutered and I will need temp accommodation for her.

It can take a while for them to get the hang of a bottle. Personally I prefer nice, heavy bowls anyway: there's no nozzle to freeze or get blocked and it just seems more natural somehow.
It's possible that he may have poor eyesight if he seems to get 'stuck' and not want to come down, or he may just prefer the upper levels I guess. He'll probably get the hang of it in time but proving a small step may help :)

I'd give him a bowl too until you can be sure he is drinking okay from the bottle :)

to be honest i couldnt tell you the size, we choose by eye, it wasnt the smallest we saw!

he still hasnt sussed getting down yet :( worth knowing about poor eyesight so thankyou

hes still not drinking a great deal, none from bottle and barely any from bowl

today he has white fluid dripping from hes nose... any ideas?

to be honest i couldnt tell you the size, we choose by eye, it wasnt the smallest we saw!

he still hasnt sussed getting down yet :( worth knowing about poor eyesight so thankyou

As I said on your other thread he needs to see the Vet as he may have a RTI

Did your bunny come from a rescue? If so i can't believe they rehomed him to you when he is sick. He definately needs to see a vet as soon as possible :(

:wave: Hi, I can't really help with the fluid from his nose or the not drinking (although he should be drinking) but as for not being able to get back down I think that could be a confidence thing?

I have Ben with a double storey hutch and he manages to continuously jump up and down but when we bring him inside he will jump off the sofa but never back up onto it. He just peers up as if to say how do I get up there. I think he just has to pluck up to corage. Just monitor it and see if he even tries to attempt it or aviods it completly.

I put my photos on by first uploading them to photobucket and copy the IMG tag into the post. Press preview post first just to see if its worked :) hope that helps.

thanks, yes tbh im a tad shocked as he only came home with us on thursday, and he was sneezing then but no discharge, this only happened today, im a little disappointed this wasnt noticed at the rehoming centre

vets it is! thanks all

thanks, yes tbh im a tad shocked as he only came home with us on thursday, and he was sneezing then but no discharge, this only happened today, im a little disappointed this wasnt noticed at the rehoming centre

vets it is! thanks all

To be fair he may only have started to display symptoms on arrival to you. Stress (from a change of environment) can be enough to trigger a latent case of 'Snuffles'

Rather than running the Rescue down why not call them and explain what has occured. It's the RSPCA he came from isn't it?

As Jane said it could be the stress of moving so definately take him to the vets but hopefully he will improve once settled.

Once you have the money and he has settled in I would definately look into getting him a friend its so rewarding seeing buns together and will be company for him especially if he is living outside

im not running them down, i just think it should have been noticed but like you say it may have been caused due to stress, and may be a recent occurance.

it wasnt the rspca, but North devon animal ambulance, that we got him from and to be fair they have been wonderful, for instance all their rabbits are nautered where as hes not yet been neutured as hes too young, so next month im to book him in with them and they will do it with of charge.

also, sorry i know know i wont give you a minutes peace!

but also, he refuses to pee in hes hutch- now i can sort of understand this, as dont **** where u sleep lol

but he only pees when hes indoors... now the first time ok..nervous new place etc. but last night he jumped on to the sofa... sat on my other half and piddled all over him! now im not worried about my other half but my poor sofa is stained! ( i will admit i did laugh my ass off though)

sorted the hutch out today..and not a single pee patch in there!!!!!

any other buns out there like this?

omg sorry- proud ''mummy' moment!!! he has sussed out how to get down from the 2nd tier!!!! yayy!!!!! hes not completely daft!!!

well he is... which is why hes settled in so well, fits in well with us !

Back