• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does your vet do 10% under skin with myxo injection?

Does your vet do the 10% under the skin method with the myxi injection?

• Yes

Votes: 28 87.5%
  • No

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • I have no idea what you mean

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters

Carrie14

Mama Doe
I have just got back from the vets as the buns were due their myxi jabs.

I didn't see the vet I go 25 miles to see, but the other one who didn't do the 10% method.

I am curious as to why my usual vet said this was the best way but the vet he has employed disagrees.:?

Going to call him in the morning.:roll:

Last edited:
My vet does it as the needle is pulled out. She always says as she is doing it, otherwise I probably wouldn't notice. It's very quick...

Are you sure the intradermal part was not done ?
Some Vets do it in an earbase but others do it in the scruff by pulling the needle back so as it goes into the dermis.

It is essential that the 10% intradermal dose is given to insure maximum protection

http://www.noahcompendium.co.uk/Intervet_Schering-Plough/Nobivac_Myxo/-29531.html

I watched him do it on Feegal first, assuming that he would do it with the 10% way. When I saw he had not I asked him if he did. He said that as he pulled the needle out it would get into the skin then.

When he came to do Sally I saw that the rubber base was at the bottom before he removed the syringe.

I will read your link now thank you.

Does this mean they are not properly covered and can they redo the 10%?

Thank you.

I watched him do it on Feegal first, assuming that he would do it with the 10% way. When I saw he had not I asked him if he did. He said that as he pulled the needle out it would get into the skin then.

When he came to do Sally I saw that the rubber base was at the bottom before he removed the syringe.

I will read your link now thank you.

Does this mean they are not properly covered and can they redo the 10%?

Thank you.

If the 10% intradermal dose was not given the yes it can be repeated.............. FREE OF CHARGE I HOPE !!

My vet does it as the needle is pulled out. She always says as she is doing it, otherwise I probably wouldn't notice. It's very quick...

But the needle definitely did not move:? I was watching like a hawk with Sally's..

Some Vets do it in an earbase but others do it in the scruff by pulling the needle back so as it goes into the dermis.
It is essential that the 10% intradermal dose is given to insure maximum protection

http://www.noahcompendium.co.uk/Intervet_Schering-Plough/Nobivac_Myxo/-29531.html

I voted No, but only because I didnt see the vet do it when we took Twinkle & Star on Monday, but I wondered if she had done it as suggested by Jane.

It wasnt my normal vet, who is rabbit-savvy.

But the weird thing was he did it in the skin BETWEEN the ears:? I have seen the scruff method and the base of the ear, but never that:?

My rabbit savvy vet puts some in the base of the ear. He says it quickens the effectiveness as that bit goes into the bloodstream quicker. (Least i think that's what it was - brain fog)

Back