• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is there a hay shortage everywhere or just in Norfolk??

kaths101

Warren Veteran
I have been to 3 farms to try and get a bale of hay and they are all saying there is a shortage at the moment due to the bad weather we had - no-one has got any :cry::cry::cry:

At the moment im buying bags costing me £6-10 a week!! so desperately trying to find somewhere to get a bale..

Does anyone know anywhere in Norfolk??
Ebridge feeds has shut down - I tried them this morning!! :cry:

I can still get hay at the mo but its not as good quality as normal, again caused by the weather.

I need to pick up a bale this weekend but I've heard there's a shortage in my area too. The quality of the last one I got was not very good either.

We have a shortage here, our local supplier could not get any for 4 weeks, we buy it by the bale. One of my students parents are farmers, i asked them about it, they said there was a hay shortage because of the weather, they had run out on their farm and were now having to buy it in, but it had gone and was going up in price, we make sure we have over bale at all times now!! The farm we get it from is always really good to us and they always save us a bale now whenever they get a delivery! Much cheaper way to buy hay and the bunnies love it!!! We also get litter pellets by the sack from them for £14 (keeps us going for weeks, months), and a sack of the bunny pellets! They are very good to us, Can also buy a bale of readi grasss from then as well for £11, we have had it for over 6 months and we still have loads left - much cheaper way to buy it all!!!

Sue
xx

i went to our local horse / farm supply last week to buy megazorb and hay, and was told the same. they said because of the bad weather they haven`t had much in, and what thay have been getting they keep for their horses.

No shortage here, in fact the bad hay from winter is now out of the pictures and they have this lovely soft stuff has clover and everything in it, buns love it :shock::lol:

I haven't had bad weather either :shock:, or did I sleep through it?!

No shortage here :? I went a few weeks ago to get a bale, it was lovely a fresh, really green and stalky :) The massive barn was full of hay bales :)

Hope you manage to find some soon xxx

Where have you tried? PLG farm supplies at Taverham think thats what they are called and where they are!

PLG haven't had any for weeks. I am spending £14 a week on bags of devon hay at the moment to keep my lot going as I can't get any bales locally. I have tried hunting around on the net but can't find any. I intend to try Catton Park when they have some at the beginning of June.

PLG haven't had any for weeks. I am spending £14 a week on bags of devon hay at the moment to keep my lot going as I can't get any bales locally. I have tried hunting around on the net but can't find any. I intend to try Catton Park when they have some at the beginning of June.

ah nooo that was going to be my next port of call!!
I spoke to a really nice man today in North walsham and he said it should start coming back beginning of June when they start cutting again.

Can you let me know if, where and when you manage to get some!

We are struggling with a hay shortage around here too, although I've recently come across some gorgeous rganic hay which is lovely and the buns love it. But all the places around here are strugging to find bales.

Back