• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sneezing

RubyTed

Wise Old Thumper
When a bun's sneezing a lot (not in fits, but just every so often...a few times a minute) what does this mean? :?

No eye or nose gunk....just little sneezles.

It can be just because they have dust up their nose (from hay, feed etc) or it can be indicative of a RTI even without nasal discharge.
Tooth issues can also causes sneezing.

If it continues I'd get Bun checked over by the Vet :)

Just keep an eye on it.

Sometimes my Herbie sneezes when i put fresh hay in.....thats dust free hay aswell!!!!!!!!!!

The vet was my first thought, but I'll keep an eye on it. It's only happened in the past two days. I checked his nose for hay, but think I'll get his teefs checked.

Thanks! :)

Bluebell dry sneezes alot but he does have allergies. Its worth keeping any eye on tho as the poor little mite now has a mild URI and if I hadn't taken him to the vet I probably would of been none the wiser and just thought it was his allergies again.

Pie sneezes quite alot. But I have had her checked out and it's because the weather is getting dryer and all the dust is getting up her nose. So it may just be the time of year?

Max had this, I took him to the vets and he had an RTI and was given engemycin. Hope Teddy is ok. There was also no discharge or evidence of anything up his nose :(.

xx

The sneezles have stopped. Am still going to take him to the vet, but right now I have an ill Bluebell! She's not eating or pooing, so she's taking Ted's vet appointment today, and I'll get him one for later in the week!

Vibes for my little Bluebell please! :( She was nomming last night, so hopefully I've caught it early

Aww vibes for Bluebell xxx

Princess does a few dry sneezes in a row every so often, maybe once a wk. I assume it's the hay as it's always when she's nomming on it.

Poor Bluebelle :cry:

Lots of vibes for her xx

Thanks! I've never dealt with statis myself before......it's terrifying!! :(

She's on a heat pad, and we're going to the vet in 15 minutes. :cry: They'll check for a blockage and give her gut stimulants, won't they? :?

Sneezing - my boy started to dry sneeze over winter & I thought the worst, but was shocked by how dusty his hay was, although I'd always shaken it out religiously. He stopped eating hay & completely stopped sneezing within 2 days. I then changed brands & sprayed it with water - OK since.

Stasis Yes, it is a nightmare. There are many "tummy bunny mummies" on here who are incredibly supportive. I apologise if I have missed her thread. Sending every good wish with everything crossed for Bluebell. [Please don't think she's got Thumper's issues - they are very rare]

Back