• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

About how high can a rabbit jump and could they get out of a three foot high run?

AriaSwan

Warren Scout
Hi, i just bought a 8 foot long, four foot wide rabbit run, and is three feet high. It has no top but it is super sturdy and was only 20 dollars. He's in it now and I want to put his hutch in so he can go from the run to the hutch, but I am afraid he will escape because he looks like he wants to leave, and that he may somehow get out :? What could I use to cover it and can they jump that high without the hutch? Btw he is a dwarf/lionhead

Bunnies, however small, can not only jump very high but also climb mesh to get out of runs! I've witnessed a 12 week nethie climb up 3ft of mesh to get to the top of a run :roll:

Yes you need to fashion a roof for the run. My rabbits easily jump three foot from the floor on to the top of their run (it has a roof).

Yes, they can jump over a 3ft barrier. You need to pop a lid on it anyway, as preditors such as cats and foxes need to be kept out anyway.

Thanks everyone, we are getting mesh today for the run as I came home from school to find my bunny in the garden! :shock: I caught him and put him in his hutch which is secure, buying some chicken wire today to put on top.

Chicken wire isn't very good, it can be twisted and bent and some animals can get through it. Galvanised wire mesh has a square pattern and it is welded at each cross point, it's much stronger.

Back