• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How much do your rabbits cost a month?

Ambience

Warren Veteran
Someone posted earlier how much do your pets cost a month. I'd like to know how much everyone spends per month, but also how many bunnys you have and what size hutchs you are bedding out? Thanks alot.

My costs at the moment are:

Veg- Free from the market( cawliflower leaves(- Other veg £5-10 a week
Pellets- £40 a month- i have been paying from vet uk ( ss) - this has now been reduced as i'm putting all the buns on a diet as i didn't realise that the manufacturers recommendations are not correct.
Mite/Flea/Wormer- I buy all this through vet uk xeno and panacur. I also use advantage if i get an outbreak of fleas for any reason. £100+
Hay-Readigrass- £60 month
Wood Pellet Litter- £15
Vacinnations/Neutering costs - lots- i am doing this constantly- £15 for vaccinations though, neutering is £35-£70 depending on buck or doe.
Antibiotics/Meds overcounter- £20 a month
Teeth Trimming- £4.50
Vets/ Prescriptions- £50-£100 month
Runs/ Other stuff for garden -£50 + occasionally.

Any advice on reducing costs would be appreciated ...Thanks :)))

Last edited:
Let me know what hay and how much you are getting through a month, also the readigrass, litter and pellet and we might be able to help get your costs down there and there would be no delivery charge too;)

Back