• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stressful night, Tilly not well./UPDATE AND THANKS

Tillybunny

Mama Doe
Having a really bad night, Tilly is tummy pressing and stretching,tried to give her infacol. but she was too stressed and would'nt take it. She has had a couple of these episodes before. The first time, I took her straight to vets and by the time we got there (half hour journey) she was fine. the other time I checked her during the night and she was fine again. Not sure what to do now, If she is no better in the morning I will definately get my OH to take her to vets - I have to go to work. My other problem is Murphy, the rabbit I got from sanctuary only just over a week ago and who I now discover has got problems with his teeth and as a side/related issue, sticky bottom syndrome. I feel a bit overwhelmed at the moment and feel I may have to let Murphy go back to the sanctuary, at least until I have got Tilly over her problems. I know I wouln't have taken him on, if I had been aware of his problems, because I work full time and depend on my OH to look after bunnies in the day, which was fine with two 'healthy buns' but not with two poorly ones ( just hope my third bun, Peter doesn't start with anything). Now I feel totally stressed and guilty and torn as to what to do with Murphy, I know he will be fine back at the sanctuary, but I have already got attached and don't want to mess him about. Maybe things will feel better in the morning??

Last edited:
She has been fine all day (OH home in day)and was fine when I came home from work at 6pm, but problems started shortly after she had eaten her teatime veg at about 7pm. She has been unwell since, car journey hasn't helped.

Do you think Tilly will be ok till morning? It will be early when we take her, if she hasn't improved in night ( crosses everything). Think Murphy will have to back to sanctaury at least for time being.

:wave: Hi, sorry I don't really have any good advice about Tilly but am sending vibes. The only thing I would say is if she seems in pain I would probably phone the vets and ask for some advice?

You must be so worried, definitely wait til tomorrow to decide about Murphy. You might feel a bit clearer about everything in the morning. Hope Tilly feels better soon xx

We can't really say if Tilly will be ok or not because we don't know the problem.

I had a bun exhibit those symptoms and I did care for him at home and he came round (I knew exactly what had caused it which allowed me to know it wasn't a blockage or anything), but some bunnies don't, and in those cases the sooner they get vet attention the better.

How about phoning your vets for advice?

update on Tilly

Thank you for your support on Wednesday evening, sorry I wasn't on-line yesterday, due to having been up most of the night with Tilly, then having to work the following day. Its good news Tilly is fine now, she had recovered by the morning, I think the fact that she eats lots of hay helped her, it must have moved what ever was upsetting her tummy through her system. Also thanks for advice about waiting before making a decision about Murphy, we are keeping him, my OH says he will help with him, its just difficult for me sometimes, with working full time, so with his help I should be ok. Just hope he gets through his dental ok, he is booked in next Thursday, so send your best vibes please.

hey

Hey Hope tilly's alright i know how stressful these nights can be especially when you've got work the next day, hope all is well now and tilly is back to her usually silly self :) :roll: xx

Back