• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay allergy?

RubyTed

Wise Old Thumper
I'm beginning to think I might have a hay allergy. Every day, twice a day, when I give out the hay rations (sometimes more) my throat seizes up, and I have coughing/sneezing fits. After handing it out I get unbelievably itchy/painful hands. No rash or anything.

It's only just started in the past month, or something.... :?

How strange. (don't fret...I'm not giving the buns to a rescue because of it! :shock: :roll:...I can't believe some people do! :evil:)

Has anyone else randomly got this?

Yup me, my throat starts to itch horribly and my eyes water! Hubby joked about getting me a mask to wear!! :lol:

Yup me, my throat starts to itch horribly and my eyes water! Hubby joked about getting me a mask to wear!! :lol:

I do use a mask sometimes (one of those for builders) if I'm doing the nig clean out and there is hay dust everywhere - it really does help :D

I do use a mask sometimes (one of those for builders) if I'm doing the nig clean out and there is hay dust everywhere - it really does help :D

Perhaps I should get one then, I kind of just grin and bear it! I usually throw away a proportion of my hay as it gets too dusty at the bottom no good for me and prob not good for Pip either!

Thing is, I don't notice any dust, which would suggest it's the hay itself, rather than the dust. :?

I don't really mind...but it's just been so spontaneous. :roll:

Perhaps I should get one then, I kind of just grin and bear it! I usually throw away a proportion of my hay as it gets too dusty at the bottom no good for me and prob not good for Pip either!

Same here - some of it gets so dusty that there's no way you'd want to put it in for the buns :?

I get this too hun :) Sometimes im fine, but most the time it feels like my throat is about to close. It lasts for about an hour after ive done the hay of a morning, then the same on an evening :)

xXx

I said this on another thread and I shall say again - see what we put ourselves through to feed our buns! :lol:

Back