• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Winter - Outside in the day and Inside at night

wally4eva

Mama Doe
I was just wondering, when we move house (another year or two) I will have a bigger room.
Would it be practical in winter to have the bunnies in my room at night and then take them out in the morning to their shed? And maybe on really cold days they could stay in the whole day with the run of my bedroom.
What do you think?

Thanks

Probably not the temperature difference between the two would be too much. There were several weeks this winter when it didnt get above 5c during the day. I imagine its at least 15c in your room

Yes I agree, they really either need to be inside or out. They only have one coat and if they are moved daily between the two, they will never develop the right thickness coat for the conditions. I'm sure you can imagine that you wouldn't dream of going outside at 9am on a winters day in your pyjamas having just spent all night inside - it's exactly the same with them; they don't have an extra coat to put on so they really either need to stay in, or stay out.

I knew there was something. Thats a shame because that would have been convineint. anyway the bunnies always come first:D

Back